PDA

View Full Version : accountant or not?

danast
12-10-2008, 04:21 PM
Hi I am just curious from the people who have an accountant.
What do they actually do?
:laughing: I know what they do just wanted to know what is like for childminders.
You still have yo do your books weekly or monthly and keep receits ,then you sent it to them and then what??
Do they write off anything extra and how?
Somebody told me that if you use accountant they can write off more things normally than you could as they have more knowledge. Is it true?
and basically that you more likely paying them than have a huge tax bill.
I am thinking about doing it for next year cause I will be earning a lot more and there is so much you can write off.
Does anybody has a good accountant and how much they roughly cost.
Sorry for so many questions but do not know anyone who can answer them to me locally

Pauline
12-10-2008, 05:43 PM
Can't help as I have always done my own, it's not that difficult, honest :)

Can I just ask, that if you are replying to this thread not to mention accountants by name, or give links - due to the advertising rules on the Forum - thanks :thumbsup:

danast
12-10-2008, 07:51 PM
ooh ok sorry:blush:

Pauline
12-10-2008, 09:07 PM
I didn't mean you, I meant anyone replying :)

danast
12-10-2008, 09:11 PM
yeah i have just realised as well:laughing: :laughing:

sarah707
12-10-2008, 09:20 PM
I do my own accounts as well...

But if you are not confident, then an accountant need not cost a lot (is, of course tax deductable) and would give you peace of mind. :D

Angela234
12-10-2008, 10:30 PM
I do my own, did get advice of my daughter in law first year who used to work in accountancy, it is easy.

Angela

Chatterbox Childcare
12-10-2008, 11:50 PM
Doing the accounts is dead easy but if you are unsure, try a couple of registered accountants out of the yellow pages.

Your Development Officer should be able to point you in the right direction of training to do your own too.

Tink
14-10-2008, 09:55 AM
Hi i'm just registering as a childminder and am a little confused about accounts, what accounts do i need to do and what do you do about paying tax and national insurance???