PDA

View Full Version : I've been a bit of a twit

Heaven Scent
11-10-2008, 12:45 PM
Ok I've got a new mindee as of mid-sept for before and aft school on 3 days per week. When mum came to sign the contract it was just for after school 3 days then she changed jobs and needed me before and after school until job got sorted approx 3-4 weeks which kicked in about 2 weeks after the start of the contract. Following these 3-4 weeks from what I can gather she will sometimes need me before and after school others just before and others just after - I don't know what to do about charging her - Her new job is some sort of a care worker which involves working shifts - the last job was a clerical role with a building society - she took voluntary redundancy.

I want to be fair to her but need to be fair to myself as I can't fill the spaces when the child isn't here - I'm a terrible softie - the contract still just states the 3 after school sessions I didn't adjust it to include the mornings as it was a temporary measure - should I have ?????

I am charging her £10.00 after school and while she is using me before and after school I'm charging her an extra £5.00 for before school. I charge £7.50 for before school only.

Also the mum has not said whether she would need me in the holidays and I'm not charging her a retainer - I just cant bring myself to do it.

Basically I need to know what you all feel you would do in these circumstances as I'm not sure what I should do.

berkschick
11-10-2008, 12:52 PM
I would re-do the contract to include all the sessions she might need and charge her a 50% retainer for the sessions she doesnt use.

Heaven Scent
11-10-2008, 01:05 PM
Good idea thanks for that - I just couldn't get my head around it as I've not come across this situation before.

Chatterbox Childcare
11-10-2008, 10:38 PM
I would do a new contract and if the child is under 8 charge her as per the contract days whether she uses them or not. If over 8 I would be a bit more lienient and charge her still the same but drop the rate a bit.