PDA

View Full Version : Pirate treasure map

Tatia
10-10-2008, 01:23 PM
In honour of Bookstart pirate theme, at drop-in group today we had a treasure hunt. I made photos of 6 different things in the Children's Centre (like the rocking horse, a pot plant, table, doll house, computer and finally, the sand table). Then I also made passport sized pics of same items. I glued the passport pics on a sheet of paper with little dots leading from one to the next. The I planted a photo clue at each destination and we all followed the map and the clues til we found the buried treasure in the sand table (a wooden treasure box filled with chocolate coins).

The children who participated were 1,2 and 3 years of age and I was really excited and pleased to see them enjoy it so much. I was afraid they'd be too young to appreciate it but they were very keen.

Andrea08
08-07-2011, 10:14 AM
hi, i was looking around and we are playing with the pirate ship atm and i want to extend this activity as its following the child's lead etc

ok so we have started pirate maps and now im looking for insperation any ideas most welcome, thanks x

murrayspud
08-07-2011, 03:00 PM
what about making a treasure map or a treasure hunt??

Kathryn xx

Andrea08
08-07-2011, 03:07 PM
what about making a treasure map or a treasure hunt??

Kathryn xx

mmmm chocolate money treats .... and treasure thats for a sunny day in the garden ohhh i cana wait to get all this pirate theme ready for the holidays...

thanks x