PDA

View Full Version : fridge temp

childminder54
10-10-2008, 07:24 AM
ive just brought a fridge temp of ebay.and wondering if this is going to be ok to record this in my book as it doesnt give the temp. it just says ok if the temp is right. will this be ok for ofsted...

veronicaxx

sarah707
10-10-2008, 07:29 AM
It's unusual not to say the actual temperature... but if it says 'ok' then I don't see it being a problem.

Just make a note on your sheet every day that it's ok.

Not seen you around for a while - hope you're ok! :D

danast
10-10-2008, 12:45 PM
doe we have to have fridge thermometer???:eek:
I have fridge freeze which has digital display on the outside and i set it what temperature i want it and that whatit working towards. Is that enough?
Another silly question. I know it is recomended to have fridge at 5degrees but if i put mine at 5 it freezes the veg and anything in the midle of shelves.
so i put at 6 is that bad or should i have it on 5 still??

Mollymop
10-10-2008, 01:04 PM
I saw those on ebay and wasn't sure about them so I bought a normal one. Only thing is it doesn't seem to work - or my fridge doesn't:eek:

Pauline
10-10-2008, 03:16 PM
doe we have to have fridge thermometer???:eek:
I have fridge freeze which has digital display on the outside and i set it what temperature i want it and that whatit working towards. Is that enough?
Another silly question. I know it is recomended to have fridge at 5degrees but if i put mine at 5 it freezes the veg and anything in the midle of shelves.
so i put at 6 is that bad or should i have it on 5 still??

If I were you I'd buy a thermometer, they are quite cheap in the supermarkets. Then set your fridge at whatever setting keeps your temperature in the correct zone on the thermometer. :)

marian
10-10-2008, 03:21 PM
My fridge/freezer has got a digital dislay too.
I record that temp in my daily diary but I also have a fridge thermometer inside .....somewhere at the back....:laughing:
Marian x

ajs
10-10-2008, 03:40 PM
I saw those on ebay and wasn't sure about them so I bought a normal one. Only thing is it doesn't seem to work - or my fridge doesn't:eek:

i have a brand new fridge and it's set to 2(very cold) but my thermometer usually says it's 6 or 7 degrees there's no way it is as everything in there is freezing
i have only just bought the thermometer too so i can't believe it doesn't work

Angela234
10-10-2008, 05:48 PM
My fridge freezer has a digital display on the door when i had my food hygiene spot check last week they were happy with that.

Angela

Ripeberry
10-10-2008, 06:46 PM
Can someone tell me the best place to put a fridge thermometer?
It always shows about 6c at the top but then the bottom of the fridge freezes everything!
Also it does not help that my daughters aged 3 and 6 keep leaving the door open too long when deciding what yoghurt they want:mad:

loocyloo
10-10-2008, 08:50 PM
i had my food premises check the other week ... she said up to 8 degree was ok for the fridge, and the fact that i have a doodah in mine that says if it is too warm was fine! (i do have a thermometer in there too!)

she also said that as far as environmental health were concerned, we don't have to keep fridge/freezer temps!

BUT i understand ofsted would like us to!!!

my environmental health lady said the temp of the fridge is not relevant to where the food was stored before we bought it/how it was stored/how long it was in the trolley/car/on the side before we put it in the fridge, and then, how long the food was out before we cooked it! and then whatever we did with it! and that was before we even started to think about food provided by the parents! luckily i don't have any from parents now!

she didn't think that childminders should even be inspected!

xxx

jackie_5
11-10-2008, 09:51 AM
i had my food premises check the other week ... she said up to 8 degree was ok for the fridge, and the fact that i have a doodah in mine that says if it is too warm was fine! (i do have a thermometer in there too!)

she also said that as far as environmental health were concerned, we don't have to keep fridge/freezer temps!

BUT i understand ofsted would like us to!!!

my environmental health lady said the temp of the fridge is not relevant to where the food was stored before we bought it/how it was stored/how long it was in the trolley/car/on the side before we put it in the fridge, and then, how long the food was out before we cooked it! and then whatever we did with it! and that was before we even started to think about food provided by the parents! luckily i don't have any from parents now!

she didn't think that childminders should even be inspected!

xxx

Do you know if we have to record freezer temps for ofsted too ?

sarah707
11-10-2008, 11:50 AM
Amazing! Even environmental health officers can't agree :rolleyes:

It is considered good practice to check your fridge and freezer temps... also food temps when cooked.

That way if you are ever blamed for food poisoning, you can show you take good care of children's health.

Best place for fridge thermometer... middle shelf...

To get a true temp however (acc to the chef) you need to take the temp of the middle of some liquid or the centre of a piece of cheese :D

breezy
11-10-2008, 03:58 PM
Amazing! Even environmental health officers can't agree :rolleyes:

To get a true temp however (acc to the chef) you need to take the temp of the middle of some liquid or the centre of a piece of cheese :D

Is that how they make holey cheese :laughing: