PDA

View Full Version : Food receipts under £10

singlewiththree
07-10-2008, 09:15 PM
We have just been told at ICP that we need to keep food receipts under £10 but not any others, that is for the food standards agency so that if there is a food posioning outbreak the source of the food can be traced back as it may not be down to our fault due to storage and cooking but rather the actual ingredients. I didnt know this so thought I would mention it here.

Paula W

cher25
07-10-2008, 10:39 PM
I had read about that somewhere. No idea where. I keep all reciepts anyway, too scared to throw anything away.lol
Thank you for letting us know. :)

sarah707
08-10-2008, 06:39 AM
If you're an Ncma member it says this in your handbook...

Thank you for pointing it out to non-Ncma members Paula! :D

Minnie mouse
08-10-2008, 08:09 AM
Im an NCMA member but didnt know that lol, so thanks. What happens if you put £10 petrol in your accounts book one week and forget to get a receipt?(im always forgetting) x

sarah707
08-10-2008, 08:23 AM
What happens if you put £10 petrol in your accounts book one week and forget to get a receipt?(im always forgetting) x

Well.... it's down to what your books look like and how well organised you are on other weeks.

If your books are ever inspected and there's an unexplained amount gone through without a receipt, it would be easier to explain if for example, the same amount goes through every other week and there's usually a receipt... or if it's a one off and you've made a note to say exactly why it was spent and why the receipt isn't there.

Otherwise, they would take it off your total expenses and you'd end up with a higher tax bill... except of course if you did it regularly and then it would be fraud.

Minnie mouse
08-10-2008, 10:21 AM
Thanks sarah therel be a petrol receipt for most weeks apart from the odd time i forget x