PDA

View Full Version : Some help neede

shelly04
06-10-2008, 12:52 PM
Afternoon everyone,

Need some help please. I mind a 9 year old girl, her mum has just told me that after school 3pm on a Tue she is doing choir and won't finish until 4pm, the problem is on a Tues I mind 5 children two are babies i would do a 15min walk with double buggy to school to pick up kids as they do not all fit in car walk back and that can usually take about 20-25 mins once in it will be time to walk back to the school trailing all the mindees back up and down again to collect the 9 year old, which I am sure they will not want to do, plus try and get ready for my night time job at Tesco 5.30pm. Would you say no to parent and how would you go about it. Really stuck please help.

Shelly

Trouble
06-10-2008, 12:54 PM
i think i would be tempted to either go to a cafe for their snack early or say no
as its not practical.

Twinkles
06-10-2008, 12:57 PM
I would not do it. Just say to mum it's not possible with your other lo's.
Could a friend drop her off to you ?

sarah707
06-10-2008, 12:58 PM
I wonder if there's another parent or childminder who has children at choir who can bring her to you?

You're not meeting the needs of all the children otherwise.

Mrs.L.C
06-10-2008, 12:58 PM
I have this with my after schoolers but parents have always asked if it is ok first. Im not far from the school but I usualy wait around and let the children play in the playground untill the club finishes. There is a room we can wait in if its wet where I usualy take a game down and the children in my care and some others play whilst we wait. Could you do something similar? If not I would just explain the situation to the parent and say you pick up at usual time or some 1 will have to bring the child to you or that your really sorry but maybe they would be best finding someone else

I think what you have put here is what you need to say to the parent