PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know ....

loobyloo168
05-10-2008, 09:31 AM
If there a place on the web where we can store our policys and procedures. Something like photobucket but for word documents.

The reason i ask is because i think my laptops on the way out, the CD writer has already gone so i cant save to disk. And the screen goes off now and again, it'll cost 100's to repair as its a Sony Vaio.

I don't want to have to type up all my paperowrk again, im only just over the migrain i got first time round !!

Any ideas ladies ? :idea:

Gherkin
05-10-2008, 09:36 AM
Sorry not sure. However you could email them to a friend or rele and get them to save them for you to disk. Just a thought.

sarah707
05-10-2008, 09:37 AM
Get yourself a googlemail account (free) and email them to yourself.

Or you could open a blog and upload eveyrthing to that, but not advertise so it doesn't come up on the search engines... or do yourself a secret website.

Just make sure you keep a careful note of your log in details :D

ajs
05-10-2008, 09:38 AM
hubby backs up to somehting called x dive try googling that see if that will help
we lost the hard drive on one of our comps and it's going to cost £400 to rethrieve the docs
he wants to spend the money as he reckons the photos alone are worth that
plus loads of stiff thay we haven't even missed yet

loobyloo168
05-10-2008, 09:53 AM
hubby backs up to somehting called x dive try googling that see if that will help
we lost the hard drive on one of our comps and it's going to cost £400 to rethrieve the docs
he wants to spend the money as he reckons the photos alone are worth that
plus loads of stiff thay we haven't even missed yet

I know what you mean about the photo thing. I just uploded about 2000 to photobucket, then deleted them from the computer, then realised that photobucket didnt save any of our movie clips ! Lost them all and because the files were too big to go into the recycle bin i got a promt to dlete forever and like an idiot pressed yes !! Lost all our movie clips of Chloe. Twas gutted. Ill have a look at x-drive. Ill also try sending them to my email address.

Bushpig
05-10-2008, 09:56 AM
If there a place on the web where we can store our policys and procedures. Something like photobucket but for word documents.

The reason i ask is because i think my laptops on the way out, the CD writer has already gone so i cant save to disk. And the screen goes off now and again, it'll cost 100's to repair as its a Sony Vaio.

I don't want to have to type up all my paperowrk again, im only just over the migrain i got first time round !!

Any ideas ladies ? :idea:

Oh goodness, we have a PC and a Sony Vaio... and the Vaio also did this to me once. I would def email the docs to myself asap as a short term solution. Your compy might just go *poof* and then you've lost everything.

You can also buy a little dongle from PC World, which you pop into a USB port, then you can save all your stuff on there.

I don't use my Vaio that much, it is an expensive machine and would cost loads to get 100% right again... hence us buying a completely new compy system, that cost half the price that the Vaio did 3 years prior ;)

hello kitty
05-10-2008, 10:34 AM
Is this any good?

http://www.box.net/widget

jmoff
05-10-2008, 10:36 AM
...copy and paste , save and email them to yourself.

Hope you manage to sort it out.

Jana x

loobyloo168
05-10-2008, 10:48 AM
Oh goodness, we have a PC and a Sony Vaio... and the Vaio also did this to me once. I would def email the docs to myself asap as a short term solution. Your compy might just go *poof* and then you've lost everything.

You can also buy a little dongle from PC World, which you pop into a USB port, then you can save all your stuff on there.

I don't use my Vaio that much, it is an expensive machine and would cost loads to get 100% right again... hence us buying a completely new compy system, that cost half the price that the Vaio did 3 years prior ;)

My partner has a big dongle :) , that we use for photos, ill ask him if i cam borrow it. Darren wont have anything less than a sony, hes a bit of a names freak, says cheap stuff will break quicker ?! Not like me - Thrifty !

Bushpig
05-10-2008, 11:41 AM
There is a place to get a good brand at times, but I just think Sony's prices are mad often.

We got a telly (32 inch) for hubby... and the Sony one was exactly double the one we got - ours is not a well known brand, but looks great, and was only £400... and works just fine :)

Boys are funny about getting brand things sometimes - I guess some girls are too!

I hope you can get everything on the dongle - do it soon x

Chatterbox Childcare
05-10-2008, 02:12 PM
Why not put them on a usb pen?

bubbly
05-10-2008, 02:25 PM
Why not put them on a usb pen?
This is what I do. It's perfect :)

ajs
05-10-2008, 02:31 PM
My partner has a big dongle :) , that we use for photos, ill ask him if i cam borrow it. Darren wont have anything less than a sony, hes a bit of a names freak, says cheap stuff will break quicker ?! Not like me - Thrifty !

what a load of cobblers sorry sony are made in the same factory as bush were and bush were a 1/4 of the price
i used to work for bush on their sales team.
most of the big names are manufactured in the same factories as the cheaper brands you don't think they make all of their own stuff do you they just use stickers to brand them

singlewiththree
05-10-2008, 03:54 PM
I use Google Docs or Yahoo Briefcase, both are good for storing documents online.

Good luck
Paula

loobyloo168
05-10-2008, 06:01 PM
what a load of cobblers sorry sony are made in the same factory as bush were and bush were a 1/4 of the price
i used to work for bush on their sales team.
most of the big names are manufactured in the same factories as the cheaper brands you don't think they make all of their own stuff do you they just use stickers to brand them

I know that, but hes a bloke ! If it was up to me id have cheaper everything, but not him. Doesn't make sense doesn it ? Thats why he has to work so hard to save for all his gadgets !