PDA

View Full Version : Feeling down today

gailee
15-01-2008, 08:07 PM
i'm feeling abit down today!! if you've read my threads it's been hard for me to replace children where i live? must be the area i'm in?? i've lost p/t in october, f/t reduced hours september when to pre-school have twins in september after school and full time in school hols and now she's told me that she's changed her hours in her job from full to part time having two days off in the week But shes says twins still come here??? the twins haven't come today she had told me last night !we will see? i have the pre-school leaving in feb! i've had a enquiry for after school starting in feb ? mums a student nurse! :(

Rach30
15-01-2008, 08:15 PM
Sorry to hear you are feeling down . Can't think of anything useful to say except these things seem to come in waves so i hope it picks up for you again soon . Try and have a nice evening and hopefully it will all seem better in the morning . Chin up chuck !

xxRachxx:)

ruby
15-01-2008, 08:27 PM
so sorry to hear you are feeling down we agree it does come in waves
so try to think positive although sometimes that is hard
not sure what else to say but sending you a big hug

cathy and rachel

bubbly
15-01-2008, 08:55 PM
It's been very quiet for me too so you're not alone. I have two places up for grabs but no one's biting :(

Tily Bud
15-01-2008, 09:05 PM
its quiet where we are also , so much so that a couple of minders have given up i the last 12 months x

fionamal
15-01-2008, 09:05 PM
Must be that time of the year. I too am very quiet as my 2 fulltimers left at Xmas so have a huge gap to fill.

It is nice to have a quiet spell as long as it doesnt last too long.

angeldelight
15-01-2008, 09:06 PM
Sorry to hear you are feeling down

Hope things pick up for you soon

Good luck vibes coming your way

Angel xx

chubbymummy
15-01-2008, 09:16 PM
i do hope things pick up for all of you soon

i need to start advertising as i will only have one child a day after march

it's not enough when you need to get paid!!!!

charleyfarley
15-01-2008, 09:25 PM
Sorry to hear you are feeling down at the moment.

Things will get better I'm sure.

I think most of us have been in this position at some point, I know I have last year infact

One part timer kept me going, I now have 5 mindees on the books including a full timer.

As I've said things will get better, hopefully soon.

Good luck

Carol xx

LittleMissSparkles
16-01-2008, 03:15 AM
I hope things get better soon honey for you , keep your chin up xxx

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
16-01-2008, 07:46 AM
I am sure things will pick up it seems to go like that it has been quiet in Leamington the last few months and then the last week I have had 4 phone calls which unfortunately I cannot do.

Chin up things will change.

Lorraine xx

miffy
16-01-2008, 07:50 AM
Hope you're feeling a bit better today

it's hard when you see your work dwindling and nothing coming up to replace it.

I'm sure something will come along - think positive

Good luck

Miffy xx

mrsbumbles
16-01-2008, 08:06 AM
In September things were so slow i thought i would be plucking chickens in the local factory!! all of a sudden things picked up and now im full to the brim!! All i can say is keep your chin up, something wiil come along when your least expecting it. x

gailee
16-01-2008, 11:02 AM
thanks for your postive thoughts it:rolleyes: 's a hard life being a childminder well it's my big birthday in a couple of weeks too so that's probably not helping?? when your young you want to be older when your older you want to be younger :) can't win!!! well i have a email from the milk place they haven't received my form(like a blonk i didn't photo copy it) so i've told them to send out a new form! do you know if you can get it back dated i've been a minder for 4 years (i think) and never claimed ??? thanks again gail

jmoff
16-01-2008, 08:19 PM
I really feel for you! But as everyone says the phonecalls will come!

Do think positive...I have started saying to myself every morning:"I feel terrific, I feel terrific, I feel terrific, I feel terrific, I feel terrific"...:)

xx

LittleMissSparkles
16-01-2008, 08:23 PM
I really feel for you! But as everyone says the phonecalls will come!

Do think positive...I have started saying to myself every morning:"I feel terrific, I feel terrific, I feel terrific, I feel terrific, I feel terrific"...:)

xx

thats because you are honey :)

sarah707
16-01-2008, 09:45 PM
do you know if you can get it back dated i've been a minder for 4 years (i think) and never claimed ??? thanks again gail

You can back date, but I'm not sure for how long... you also need to show how many children you looked after every day of each week for all the weeks you claim.. don't know about your books, but mine wouldn't be that easy to read from that long ago :eek:

miffy
16-01-2008, 09:49 PM
Which big birthday is coming up Gail??? We could have a forum party to celebrate

Hope you're feeling a bit better today

Miffy xx

gailee
16-01-2008, 09:55 PM
hi i'm ok thanks yes it's my 40th but don't tell anyone tho keep it to yourself lol yeh right :D
the wrfu if thats right ?? sending out new forms so might need some help to fill them in anyone offering for the job ????
:jump for joy:

miffy
16-01-2008, 09:59 PM
Your 40th - you are but young!!!! and life begins...............:)

Sorry can't help you with the forms but I'm sure someone else will

Miffy xx

Banana
17-01-2008, 03:45 PM
Sorry business is a bit slow but I am sure it will pick up for you!! Chin up, we all get times when we feel down about minding!!

xxxx

Mollymop
17-01-2008, 05:15 PM
I just wanted to say that I hope things pick up for you soon.
Besides 40 isn't old, not anymore. 40 is the new 30! Think, Kylie minogue and Julia Roberts are 40.:)

kellyg
17-01-2008, 08:10 PM
Hi - I hope things improve for you soon. I am in the same (ish) area as you so am now double worried for us both lol - however when I was doing the course etc was told there is a big need for rminders in the Rugby area so maybe you could try some adverts further afield? Sometimes things happen at once and get you down but think positive.....it will all come good ;)

Hope you ahve a fab birthday :thumbsup:

gailee
23-01-2008, 09:05 AM
hi it's me again well told you to watch this space well the twins i look after after school well they didn't come last tuesday which she told me the night b4 then wednesday& thurs they came had a text thursday night letting me know that they're not coming friday !! then she pays me on this monday for the month (she was £71 short) said will pay me again tuesday?? tuesday comes when to pick them up and the teacher told me they didn't come to school today (i had no text) so today wednesday not seen the twins this morning at school so i'll have to phone to see if they have gone then i don't have to go to school till 4 then to pick my kids up
so i think i'm being messed about do you think the same !!! gailx:censored:

angeldelight
23-01-2008, 09:09 AM
Oh yes she is def messing you around

I would have a chat with her - I would also think about having your fees weekly rather than monthly - in advance on a Monday morning from this parent
That way when she does not pay you the correct amount you might not be so much out of pocket

I would also charge her late fees because she is late if she is not paying you the correct amount

Hope you get this sorted before things get worse

Angel xx

gailee
23-01-2008, 09:21 AM
how do they think they can get away with it tho!! i see the twins (usually) every morning mum puts them into breakfast club at the school , unless she changes school ?? do they think nothing can be done to them ? i might if it goes on send a letter to the inland rev and explain because her child care is being paid by them telling that she doesn't use my services anymore! would the inland rev take any notice??

angeldelight
23-01-2008, 09:24 AM
Why dont you have a chat with mom

Tell her that if she no longer wants you to childmind then you will have to inform the inland revenue because she is claming tax credits .
Tell her this is what childminders have to do
She is not going to know any different is she

It might make her come to her senses because otherwise she is claiming on your reg number without using your services which would be unfair

Have a chat with her - call her and ask for a meeting

You need to sort this out once and for all

Good luck

Angel xx

gailee
23-01-2008, 09:27 AM
well just had a text from mum can i pick up twins today !! ok i'll let you know if she pays me tonight(outstanding monies) ??

angeldelight
23-01-2008, 09:31 AM
She gets paid her tax credit so there is no reason for her to be owing you money

You really are going to have to get tough with this parent

Do you have policies in place - and about keeping to contract times etc - late fees ? What are your rules?

You are going to have to tell her that you charge extra if she is late paying you

Seriously think you need a good chat with her

Angel xx

Banana
23-01-2008, 09:56 AM
Yes, Angel is right.

You need to have a good chat with her!!

She cannot ,ess you around like this! Its not acceptable

x

gailee
26-01-2008, 08:39 PM
hi me again well the new after school mindee came friday all went ok (didn't get paid tho) she's paying me for the week and for friday when she picks up mindee monday? i had a word with the 1 that was messing me around and she said she'll pay me to monday??? the outstanding monies and she's on holiday for the week but the twins still coming thats sorted! hopefull new 10 month baby starts monday for the whole day fingers crossed :D

Trouble
26-01-2008, 09:53 PM
i hate it when people mess us around i dont know who they think they are?
i would do what angel said and as in advance of monday mornings or i would say no minding its only fair for you their will be others that come along who wont do this. hopefully the new ones will be better:thumbsup:

miffy
26-01-2008, 10:45 PM
Hope you get your money on monday and no more messing you around

Miffy xx

gailee
29-01-2008, 09:18 AM
got paid by both parents which was nice just the 10 month didn't pay so i'll speak to her on wednesday ;)

angeldelight
30-01-2008, 04:34 PM
how did it go today ?

xx

gailee
30-01-2008, 07:35 PM
no payment she's said shes phoned the tax credit and they are sending out the paper work ! so still no payment so i'll ask on friday to see if she's going to pay for this week?? PLUS i had a parent come round this evening asking why she as to pay for her son when he doesn't come specially during some of the school hols ??? (he's supposed to come(start) on feb 11th school hols and she's just asked for the week to change to a holiday so i've changed that to half fee! I charge half fee for mine/parents hols :censored:

angeldelight
30-01-2008, 07:54 PM
Sounds like your parents are being a pain

Hope you get it sorted soon

Angel xx

Melanie
31-01-2008, 12:20 PM
Some parents make me so flipping mad :angry: There really is no need. We all do contracts and explain fees so why does it become such a chore to actually pay?! :censored:

Hope things all straighten out for you. Chin up ;)