PDA

View Full Version : Amend or new contract??

sparkibobs
03-10-2008, 08:39 AM
Hi everyone.
I have a mindee that is dropping from 4 half days to 2 half days. Can I just amend their contract or should I make a completely new one. I hate wasting paper!

bubbly
03-10-2008, 08:58 AM
Hi everyone.
I have a mindee that is dropping from 4 half days to 2 half days. Can I just amend their contract or should I make a completely new one. I hate wasting paper!

Personally I'd just amend the existing contract.

The mother of my part-timer asked if she could extend her hours slightly so I'm just going to amend the contract and ask her to sign this evening. After all, contracts cost money so I don't want to use new ones unless I absolutely have to.

berkschick
03-10-2008, 08:59 AM
One of mine has just increased her hours. I typed up a contract amendment, got Mum and I to both sign it and we have a copy each. I put my copy in the childs file with the original contract.

sparkibobs
03-10-2008, 09:05 AM
Thanks for that. Had gone through my mind to type up the amendment and get it signed. Thinks that's what I'll do. Thanks again Debs
x

Pedagog
03-10-2008, 09:07 AM
I would amend and get parents to initial.

Chatterbox Childcare
11-10-2008, 10:21 PM
I personally would do a new contract in case of problems

If you are going to amend, don't forget to get the parents carbon copy to change at the same time, otherwise they meaning nothing