PDA

View Full Version : Just has The Call.....

kitty
01-10-2008, 09:30 PM
Shouldn't have answered the phone :panic: although I knew they'd get around to calling me....... The lady is having to get someone else to call me to arrange a visit, as she doesn't work on the days that I do.

I'm only looking after 13mth old atm, two days a week, although I am available for emergency respite care.

I'm panicking now, all my paperwork is thrown in a pile, haven't done any risk assessments, haven't even looked at the stuff from the food standards people, what a mess. I've started some obs but not sure how much I need to do as E is so little. Will they be expecting detailed obs at such a young age?
Thanks
Kitty

miffy
01-10-2008, 09:33 PM
Don't panic you'll be fine

You've got the rest of this week plus the weekend at least to get sorted

Miffy xx

sarah707
02-10-2008, 06:57 AM
Lucky you having the weekend to get ready...

Just read the Eyfs and put together the things it says you need... the 'musts'.. first.

Then if you have time, read the 'shoulds'.

Lots of help on www.bromleycma.org.uk :D

Andrea08
02-10-2008, 07:07 AM
good luck hun im sure you will do well let us know ok chin up xx:thumbsup:

donnahay0
02-10-2008, 07:20 AM
Good luck - I am sure you will be fine.

Observations on a young baby are easy enough to do - just note down things the baby is doing and do simple planning.

i.e. baby has taken a few steps today.

Next steps : Provide clar space for baby to practice. Encourage further steps by sitting reasonably close and holding out arms for baby to walk towards you. Provide push along walker for developing technique & gaining confidence. Provide lots of encouragement and praise.

Like Sarah says get the musts done first - you are probably more organised than you think.