PDA

View Full Version : permission forms

devoncm
30-09-2008, 03:10 PM
Ive got permission forms for outings which parents sign, the after school mindee i currently have likes to go to the park with my dd and sdd whos 15 with our dog, she has only gone with them twice so far after seeking permission from mindees mum. I have now drawn up a new form which also asks permission for mindees who want to (and i only have one i wouldnt have her take more than 2 children at a time anyway) to go along to the park/field for half an hour with out me going along sometimes, if parent signs this should this be ok with ofsted? she does text me every 10 minutes telling me everything is ok.

hope this post is understandable

Thanks for help given in advance.

katickles
30-09-2008, 03:24 PM
Personally Marie - & please don't take this the wrong way but I would never let the mindee's go off with or without permission.

I don't think ofsted or your insurance company would be happy & what would happen if there were an accident?

kiddiwinks
30-09-2008, 03:28 PM
I would think that your child would have to be classed as an assistant (and may have to have first aid) but at 15 would not be old enough dont think.

devoncm
30-09-2008, 04:15 PM
Ok thanks. I have gone with them at mo but sometimes i have mindee who doesnt stay long so thought id ask. she does have first aid training and certificates and she has done babysitting course but i havent let her take her on her own yet that she knows anyway.

Andrea08
30-09-2008, 04:26 PM
i asked if in very bad weather my 17yr old daughter could wait in the car wid the little ones while i ran in to collect older kids from school
it's a no no !! (but i do sometimes)
older children even the 8yr old not allowed to go shop with my kids n they h8 it, always saying it not fare ... parents can give permission but we are not insured and only takes one to ring ofsted!

sorry x

gemhei
06-10-2008, 12:42 PM
I dont think your insurance would cover you if anything went wrong while you were not there. Its ok ringin every 10 mins but it only takes a second for an accident to happen. Dont take it the wrong way, its your business, but personally i wouldnt risk it.