PDA

View Full Version : Planning !!!!!!!!!!! help please

Tammy
30-09-2008, 09:12 AM
I think I've sort of got my head around eyfs from the point of view of taking photos, making obs and commenting in a book/folder. BUT planning - what is meant by planning. AT the moment I have one little 2yr old for a half a day a week (I need more business :idea: )..... and i don't plan anything we just do whatever depending on lots of things.

So how do I plan. Can anyone email me their plans so I can see an example please?

tia

Sam

sarah707
30-09-2008, 11:05 AM
When you've done your observations what do you do with them?

The trick is to look at them and see from them what the child likes to do.

Then you plan more of the same next session... plus a little bit more to challenge.

Always remember to try and keep it exciting and fun.

You watch how that goes and next time you can move the learning on a little more.

You can also plan in multicultural festivals, celebrations, special events etc.

Hope this helps :D

singlewiththree
30-09-2008, 12:07 PM
I've just been working on planning at the mo.

Short term planning - what we are doing the next day
medium term planning - next week
long term planning - calendar with all the multicultural holidays on it and birthdays, special events.

I'm hoping this is right?
Like Sarah said I'm going to look at the observations that I have done and then follow that on, I'm practicing with my own children at the moment. We did leaf printing the other day so my planning for the next week is to try other things to do with leaves like rubbing them and looking at their shapes, going to the library and looking at books about Autumn. The rubbing uses a different skill to painting.

PaulaW

PixiePetal
30-09-2008, 02:52 PM
I have a folder of themed ideas. One main theme each month, divided into weeks. Each week I have a list of possible activities within the theme. I choose activities from this list (or go off on a tangent !) depending on my previous observations.

For example if I think 'J' needs a numeracy boost I will look to see what ideas i have had in the planning. This is extremely flexible for all children.

It works for me, hope it will be ok ?! What do you think ? ( if you can understand my ramblings!)

Jen:)

sarah707
30-09-2008, 06:43 PM
Sounds perfect jen!

You are working to the Eyfs and to the child's interests...

So long as you keep it play and fun you've cracked it! :D

busylizzie
01-10-2008, 07:32 PM
I have my old planning folder based on birth to three with a month by month themed thing going on which I am continuing to add to.

Then I have a week by week book which details what I plan to be doing that week dividied ito headings 1. All, ie music theme,Autumn crafts etc ,Tuesday toddlers etc etc
Then I week by week detail each child individually under this ie Johnny counting rhythm on drums,leaf shadesetc,Mary make simple drum from biscuit tin, learn colour red etc.

Day by day I write and plan in their journals what weve done and what we will do next.