PDA

View Full Version : OMG!!!!!!!Ofsted called yesterday!

Janeyc
27-09-2008, 09:07 AM
Well...it happened!theyve called to arrange my first inspection:eek: :eek: :eek: .Ive only been reg since July and only minding this last 3-4 weeks.It was the lady that did my pre reg and actually shes really helpful-was great on the phone and gave me some very pointed tips(;) )she was disgusted ive had NO training whatsoever (except my icp course,which,quite frankly was useless and said nowt about EYFS!)or contact from anyone so she arranged for my dev officer to come next week to look thru all the stuff ive done(thanks to you guys!) and shes coming to do the deed on the 9/10th Oct!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!TBH i just want it outta the way,just a couple of quick q's-ive done and submitted my SEF- she was v.impressed but god knows if ive done it right!-so roughly how long should it take?Ill only have my 12 mth old mindee those days-thankfully hes FAB really easy to look after-but my middle one is at playschool and my baby is a NIGHTMARE at the mo-has to be perma attached,so is usually in a sling:p Is it really naughty to get my b/f to have him for a couple of hrs?????sounds bad i know but my mindee is SO much easier than my own kids!lol!and the baby is teething so just wants to breast feed ALL the time-fine usually and when on my own its cool-we cope well but with Ofsted here i know ill get soooooooooo flustered-did anyone else palm their own kids off for a few hrs?!God read that back i sound BAD mummmy;) and...should i offer her a drink?silly isnt it?im ok(i think,HOPE!)with all the p&p etc but these two lil things are really bothering me!!anyway i think im one of the first in my area to be inspected under EYFS (possibly cause ive done my SEF??????)so wish me luck!ANY tips greatfully recieved!lol!jxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

DudleyChildmind
27-09-2008, 09:17 AM
Good luck with your inspection :thumbsup:

Jules12Wed
27-09-2008, 11:14 AM
Wishing you all the best let us know how you get on.

Pauline
27-09-2008, 11:33 AM
Don't panic, you will be fine.

Yes by all means offer her a drink but if she accepts make sure you tell her she must either hold it or put it on a high shelf between sips to protect the children from scalding if it was in their reach. (shows you are considering the risks!! :))

Not sure on palming your own out of the way, would she ask where they were? If so what would you say? Be prepared, you don't want to have to say you got rid of them because she was coming :laughing:

Good luck :thumbsup:

Pauline
27-09-2008, 11:34 AM
Forgot to say, as regards how long it will take..... a new minder round here had her 6 month inspection last week, she hadn't completed her SEF though, it took 4 hours

tomthumb
27-09-2008, 11:40 AM
good luck! I keep on calling ofsted asking them to do mine!!!

Elodie XX

Mollymop
27-09-2008, 11:42 AM
Gosh that's quick!! Good luck!!

Rubybubbles
27-09-2008, 01:06 PM
take a deep breath in, and out and relax:laughing:

When I had my inspection my dd was only about 16 months and hubby was at home and he played with her whilst I was talking to the inspector (the mindies were in bed:laughing: !) but she did come back the next day during time they would be awake to see me with them:laughing:

My dd was a nightmare at that age, biting, scratching, walking up to anyone and plonking them with something:panic: but Ofsted likes the way I dealt with things, and as much as I was in a panic (hot and bothered too, not a good look) how I handled things went down as good:D

Ofsted do want to see you in 'normal' working conditions so if your baby not there things will be different, and they may ask why!

good luck for when she does come

sparkibobs
27-09-2008, 01:33 PM
Hi
Had my inspection 9th September. It lasted from 12.45 - 4 15pm, it was my first inspection since reg and I hadn't done my SEF which they were fine about, said they weren't expecting me to have. I got an overall satisfactory with two aspects of good. I was over the moon since only got my first child in June.
Take a deep breath, they are only human after all. Found my two ladies very helpful.
Good luck
Debs
x:laughing: