PDA

View Full Version : Confused about fees for after schooler!

berkschick
26-09-2008, 11:03 AM
Yipee, I finally have a before/after schooler from my sons school! They are hard to come by thanks to the wrap around clubs at the school.

Anyway, it is 3 mornings and 2 afternoons a week and then 2 full days in the holidays.

But what rate would I charge Mum in the holidays if she were to take time off? I feel a bit mean charging her full daily rate ( which is already twice as much as the holiday club so I need to be a bit careful) but on the olther hand she is taking up a place.

I have another boy before school (but he goes to another school and gets collected from me at 8.30am) and he is term time only so I charge his Mum 50% retainer for the holidays.

But I really dont know what to do with this new one! What would you all do?

Jules12Wed
26-09-2008, 03:41 PM
I have a boy two nights just after school but then in the school holiday its for two days.

His Dad lives in Sheffield so he tends to go up there for a lot of the holidays but I charge his mum the full £35 for both the days he should be at mine.

He was up there for the first 4 weeks of the summer holidays and then he came back and I took two weeks off (which I didn't get paid for!!) She paid me the full pay for the two days a week for 4 weeks.

The poor Mum has had a lot of childminders and a lot have let her down, he can be difficult I share the childminding with someone else who has him the other three days and think he prefers her cos she mothers him even feeds him his tea and he's going to be 7 next month. The mum is always saying to me that I am stricter than she is but I think she likes that. Anyway she's happy to pay and I'm happy to take the money!!!

singlewiththree
26-09-2008, 03:52 PM
This is something I hadnt thought about really.

If mum decided to take some holidays I would just charge her for half as well, as I feel that they are not usually there for all that time when its not holiday time.

Tricky isnt it.
Paula W