PDA

View Full Version : What should I charge?

MissTinkerbell
25-09-2008, 10:52 AM
I'm not sure what to charge for one of my mums. She is a shift worker so the hours are not consistent and we have written in the contract that she pays 15 hours per week and this is paid in advance.

So some days I have her children before/after school; before school only; after school only or not at all depending upon her shifts. After school could be until 6pm; 6.30pm or 7pm. Before school is always from 8am.

Any overpaying/underpaying I calculate and adjust on the next month's bill so that she only pays for the time her children are with me (does that make sense?). So for example Sept was £x and she overpaid by 5 hours, therefore Oct is £x minus those 5 hours. It works well and we are both happy with this arragement.

However she has booked holiday for 6/7 Oct as her DD has got to have a tooth out and she's not sure how she will be afterwards. As she pays in advance she has been charged the 3 hours for both days. Our contract states that her holidays are at half-fees. So for Nov adjustments would you charge the 3 hours for both days at half-fee or just 1 day, as most weeks she has one day off?

Not sure what to do with this one and hopefully I've explained it so that it makes sense.

Chatterbox Childcare
25-09-2008, 01:53 PM
If she has asked for 3 hours that day I would give 1/2 back and charge 1.5 hours