PDA

View Full Version : Whos right????

Julia
23-09-2008, 08:45 PM
Hi

ok complicated on this, Ive been minding a little girl for 2 1/2 years now shes going to school, but the school is taking its sweet time in making her full-time, shes only doing 2 hours a day and will continue doing this for a few more weeks then she may be going a few more hours, but basically starts full time in November.

Because I was told she was starting full time in September, or a few weeks in, I told mum that Id charge her full time but if we needed to change the contract mid september then I would deduct the money from the October invoice.

Going up the school at 1 o clock every day and then returning at 3 means that I cant go anywhere and my life has been misserable the last few weeks.

Ive just given mum her October contract and Ive charged her full fee minus the 10 hours a week her daughter is garenteed to be in school, if it ends up being more hours Im not prepared to refund as my life is being made hell through this process. Mum wasnt happy and wanted me to refund the hours from September too, but I wasnt willing to as the invoice in September was set and paid for.

Mum also discused with me that October 1/2 term she wanted me to have her daughter part days, i explained that this would mean a casual contract and I couldnt garantee a space if a full time child needed that space during a holiday, she wasnt happy, but at the end of the day Im a business. Also because of the part day situation I wouldnt be able to go anywhere and would basically be stuck in the house throughout the holidays waiting for the little girl to be dropped off or picked up, this would be really cruel on my own children and my other mindees.

So whos right me for making mum pay full fees minus the 10 hours and insisting on either full days through the holiday and a fixed contract, or mum who should have all the hours I havent had her child for during the school time and a casual part day contract during the holidays???

Andrea08
23-09-2008, 08:56 PM
:thumbsup: YOU, hun

she lucky she not wid me,,,
i charge full fees for the kiddies for the first weeks in school as im running round like a mad hatter,

also if a child is in nursery for the 15hrs a wk i still charge full fees as this child is taking the full time place for the under 5yrolds.

i think we are too soft sometimes and thats why parents keep thinking they can get away with it with us, it would be full fees in a nursery!!

good luck xxx

Julia
23-09-2008, 09:02 PM

i charge full fees for the kiddies for the first weeks in school as im running round like a mad hatter,

also if a child is in nursery for the 15hrs a wk i still charge full fees as this child is taking the full time place for the under 5yrolds.

i think we are too soft sometimes and thats why parents keep thinking they can get away with it with us, it would be full fees in a nursery!!

good luck xxx

A nursey wouldnt drop off and pick up a child from school and put up with the schools stupid policy in settling in children.

I hope mum can see it from my point of view, but I think she'll probably give me a hard time about it :(

Rubybubbles
23-09-2008, 09:02 PM
You hun as per contract nothing has been signed to change yet?
I'm also taking it she's 4 thereofre at the moment taking up a full time space until she starts full time?

good luck xxx

I'm a softy with the pre-schoolers:blush: but don't have them atm so not a worry!!

tulip0803
23-09-2008, 09:08 PM
It is your business and you can decide whether or not to accept ad hoc care in holidays. As a good childminder you are considering the needs of the other children in your care and you are right an entire week stuck in with children is no fun. What are her contracted hours? If you are still using the old contract then you could be in breach if you refuse her contracted hours. When I minded before I had part-timers and just arranged activities around those times or asked parents to drop where I was if I was local. If we were going on a day-trip I offered all the parents the choice of dropping their child off early/collecting late or I would be unable to have the child for that one day.

If her contract has not been renewed then she is still on the old contract and you are being very generous in refunding the money. If I am taking a child to and collecting a child from nursery I state that I am to be paid for those hours too (not paying for my time they are paying for a space).

Julia
23-09-2008, 09:21 PM
It is your business and you can decide whether or not to accept ad hoc care in holidays. As a good childminder you are considering the needs of the other children in your care and you are right an entire week stuck in with children is no fun. What are her contracted hours? If you are still using the old contract then you could be in breach if you refuse her contracted hours. When I minded before I had part-timers and just arranged activities around those times or asked parents to drop where I was if I was local. If we were going on a day-trip I offered all the parents the choice of dropping their child off early/collecting late or I would be unable to have the child for that one day.

If her contract has not been renewed then she is still on the old contract and you are being very generous in refunding the money. If I am taking a child to and collecting a child from nursery I state that I am to be paid for those hours too (not paying for my time they are paying for a space).

You know, I am being a bit soft arnt I....

She is on the old contract and I have to be honest I would prefer if I just took the mindee up the school when she was eventually full time and to have her here with me until then, this would mean I could go out somewhere.

As for the holiday she would be the only one that would be part days and that is so unfare on the others, especially my children, they dont want to be stuck in all day everyday of their hols do they?

Rubybubbles
23-09-2008, 09:23 PM
You know, I am being a bit soft arnt I....

She is on the old contract and I have to be honest I would prefer if I just took the mindee up the school when she was eventually full time and to have her here with me until then, this would mean I could go out somewhere.

As for the holiday she would be the only one that would be part days and that is so unfare on the others, especially my children, they dont want to be stuck in all day everyday of their hols do they?

I completey agree remember your business your rules BUT childminders are often used because they are flexible so catch 22

I am lucky to be on term time only contracts:D first time ever and am really looking forward to the half time on Oct for a lie in:laughing:

hope it all works out whatever you chose, let us know