PDA

View Full Version : Your own children and clubs

singlewiththree
23-09-2008, 08:09 PM
My daughter currently does some after school clubs how do I let her continue when I'm childminding or do your own children have to stop?

Paula W

sarah707
23-09-2008, 08:19 PM
My children came first... they still do.

If they wanted to do clubs, we'd just all troop out again later to pick them up :D

claires
23-09-2008, 08:19 PM
Hi, my children carried on with the after school clubs but I did have to take all the mindees along when I had to collect them. I looked like the pied piper! xx

singlewiththree
23-09-2008, 08:23 PM
How about swimming lessons? where I have to stay? Am I best trying to arrange it on another day from childminding as at the moment its 4.30pm so a bit awkward.

Thanks for the reasurrance of the other clubs. She will be pleased :-) she has already said that if we end up minding a girl in her class and her sister (whos mum has already approached me) then she wont go to "eco club" as its on that day. Bless her.

Chatterbox Childcare
23-09-2008, 08:25 PM
I still do clubs, mine or mindees. If the eco club is on could her friend not go too and you pick them both up when it finishes

Rubybubbles
23-09-2008, 08:46 PM
mine still go!

Ds has just started football after school today with mindie, so I had my dd and older mindie to pick up, then we went back later:laughing:

as for swimming I wouldn't do that because 1/2 is very boring for the others to hang around, let alone when I have the under 5's:panic:

angeldelight
24-09-2008, 06:52 AM
My children came first... they still do.

If they wanted to do clubs, we'd just all troop out again later to pick them up :D

I would do the same when my children were younger

Angel xx

sarah32
24-09-2008, 07:24 AM
My two children do a number of after school clubs, luckily only have onbe mindee and he just comes with me.

Like most said, its not going to stop my children from doing things they want to

wendywu
24-09-2008, 07:37 AM
I used to take my own daughter swimming to the local lesiure centre. I used to take the mindees sausages and sandwiches and buy juice and plates of chips. This was 4.30 on a friday. The mindees thought it was a great treat. Some parents used to collect from the centure.:)

marian
24-09-2008, 08:31 AM
My children still do after school clubs and everyone then collects them.
I changed DS's swimming from an evening session to an early Saturday morning one - a killer to get up but at least we have the whole day ahead of us and he can continue with his lessons.

Marian

Cazz
24-09-2008, 10:31 AM
I'm glad everyone has said this is okay as one or other of mine do an after school activity or club everyday!

I know a childminder that used to have a mindee collected by her mum from outside the school while she was waiting for her daughter to come out of a club.

Carole x

mandysmonkeys
02-10-2008, 04:33 PM
I've just changed my daughters swimming lesson to half 6 on a Monday and have put on my opening hours sheet they I close at 6, but I am willing to be flexible with my times so hopefully if a parent needs me longer than 6 they may be flexible and collect from pool or wait till I get back at around half 7 fingers crossed aye.

My kids also go to Beavers and cubs on a wednesday, dd beavers @ 5 till 6:25 and the cubs run in the same hall from 6:30 till 8. i am really hoping they can still go once I am minding and just intend on doing an early dinner time that day, then depending on how many children I have either walk to beavers or drive with them all. In the summer I thought I could take a picnic tea up to the local park or beach and spend the first 1 1/2 hour eating, playing football, collecting stones etc while dd is at beavers then take them all home at half 6 afetr dropping ds at cubs, his 8 o clock pick is fine as my hubbys in by then and I wont be minding that late in the day lol............i hope
I
ts going to be a juggle but i do think our kids need to do thier clubs and if our mindees are the same age and have the same interests talk to parents about them joining too.