PDA

View Full Version : Not sure what to put????

Ellen
23-09-2008, 11:58 AM
Hi I am new to childminding

I have a parent who want me to look after her children before and after

school but only as and when she need me she is a teacher on supply list I

dont mind as I have no other minded children at moment BUT what do I put

on contracts AND do I need one for each of the children i will be having them

at the same time Please help me

ellen

kiddiwinks
23-09-2008, 12:04 PM
yes you will need contract for each child, I have had children not knowing what days the children would be coming so charged half fee the days there not coming. (my parent was only over 3 set days and he came 3 days one week then maybe 1 the next and so on. he never came on a thurs or fri so never charged reatainer for those 2 days.)

Mrs.L.C
23-09-2008, 12:05 PM
Sorry I have deleted my last post as it maybe taken the wrong way. I advice what sarah has said or write the contract stating what days and hours they would need you and then add in the notes about it being occasionaly. Then if they would want to secure the space I would ask for a retainer for the days they dont use you like someone else said

sarah707
23-09-2008, 12:11 PM
To be legal and insured, you MUST have a contract...

I would just use a minimum hours clause, any extra mum pays you at end of month :D

buildingblocks
24-09-2008, 12:54 PM
I agree with what everyone else has said but another option is to say to her that you will charge a minimum number of hours a month as Sarah said but that if you end up being full and get enquiry for a full time space which the child is taking up that you will offer her first refusal on paying for the space full time eg retainer and hours worked type thing if she doesn't want it then you will give notice and let the place go to a full time enquiry. Hope that makes sense either way make sure it is written on the contract so you cover yourself. parents can be tricky at times.

PaulaR
25-09-2008, 11:52 AM
i have one similar and filll out a contract but write 'varies' across the times. Don't know if I'm doing it right.