PDA

View Full Version : I need help with learning new languages.

Gillian
22-09-2008, 08:36 PM
I look after six children. Five of them are aged 6 - 8. We choose a new project/hobbie/interest about every 6 months. The children have decided they would like to learn a new language. We can't all agree on exactley which language at the moment, so we thought we would learn a short phrase in several different languages, and then decide which one to take to the next level.
The thing is, there are lots of translation web sites, but they are almost exclusively European. So can anyone tell me in a language other than European, the translation for " Hello, may name is ????????? I am 9 years old and I live in ?????

Annie_T
22-09-2008, 11:30 PM
IVE used my name and location (annie & kent) to fill your balnks ..rest is dsame (i wish i were 9, no worries then lol)

spanish
Hola, puede denominar es Annie que tengo 9 años y yo vivo en el kent

French
Bonjour, peut nommer est Annie j'ai 9 ans et j'habite en kent

italian
Ciao, potrebbe nominare è Annie ho 9 anni e vivo nel kent

dutch
Hallo, is naam Annie ben ik 9 jaren oud en ik leef in kent

Norwegian
Hei, kan kalle er Annie som jeg er 9 år gammel og jeg lever i kent

portuguese
Oi, possa nomear é Annie que eu tenho 9 anos de idade e eu vivo em kent

german
Hallo, darf ist Annie ich bin 9 Jahre alt nennen und ich lebe in kent

hope this is what your after hun, have fun x

Reeta
25-09-2008, 01:28 PM
[QUOTE=Annie_T;233698]IVE used my name and location (annie & kent) to fill your balnks ..rest is dsame (i wish i were 9, no worries then lol)

French
Bonjour, peut nommer est Annie j'ai 9 ans et j'habite en kent

Sorry Annie the French translation is wrong. It should be:

Salut, Je m'appelle Annie. J'ai neuf ans et j'habite à Kent

Reeta

x x

Pauline
25-09-2008, 04:13 PM
I wouldn't trust the language translation sites, they are ok for individual words but not very good for sentences.

It might interest you that Elodie 'tomthumb' has sent a french workbook with some basic words suitable for 3+ that she has made, she would like it available to everyone so I am adding it to the downloads at the weekend :thumbsup:

Big thank you to Elodie :clapping:

hello kitty
25-09-2008, 05:06 PM
I mind a little girl who is half swedish and I made a word book for her using the Enchanted Learning website.

http://www.enchantedlearning.com/Dictionary.html

miffy
25-09-2008, 08:41 PM
I mind a little girl who is half swedish and I made a word book for her using the Enchanted Learning website.

http://www.enchantedlearning.com/Dictionary.html

Great link Kitty thanks

Miffy xx