PDA

View Full Version : sleeping arrangements

karen37
19-09-2008, 09:39 PM
I have got my first inspection next week and one thing playing on my mind is when my mindees have theyre nap, is it okay to have them assleep in a buggy downstairs as i have tried the cot upstairs and they dont settle at all,

fiona
19-09-2008, 10:07 PM
hello... if the parent has ok'd it for you to allow the lo to sleep in the pram it should be ok, as long as they are secured in and the brake is on! its not ideal to let them sleep in the pram, but it's got to be better then nothing!! I was lucky during my inspection i had the travel cot up (up stairs ) but the lo's were to busy getting the inspector to read them stories to have a nap!!!!! i love the older toddlers.... great distraction!!!!

crazybones
20-09-2008, 06:42 AM
You need a permission form from the parent to let a child sleep in the buggy. Ofsted dont like it but if the parent has given permission for it they cant say anything. :D

sarah707
20-09-2008, 06:55 AM
I explain that if I have school runs through the day it can be very disruptive for a little one to be hoiked in and out of a cot...

Then show signed parents permission :D

ruby
20-09-2008, 10:37 AM
some of mine sleep in a buggy i get parents to sign to say it is o.k.

cathy

ajs
20-09-2008, 10:39 AM
some of mine sleep in a buggy i get parents to sign to say it is o.k.

cathy

same
although now they've reached two i can't get them to sleep anywhere :eek:

buildingblocks
22-09-2008, 01:12 PM
As has been said you need a signed permission slip from the parents and ideally your pushchair should be one that lays flat as that is hat it has to do with - something about the spine (is is not being fully develped or something) needing to be flat. Any way could be completely wrong on all that important thing is signed permission to sho parents wishes.

Rubybubbles
22-09-2008, 01:14 PM
agree with everyone, although I don't have preschool run anymore so sleep in travel cot and put up bed:D

same
although now they've reached two i can't get them to sleep anywhere :eek:

yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PaulaR
22-09-2008, 06:09 PM
I didn't realise you had to get permission for them to sleep in push chair. This is the only way I can get mine to sleep. Thye scream the house down if you show them the travel cot.

cazchildminding
22-09-2008, 11:27 PM
my son wont sleep in a travel cot(theres one at nannys) but he LOVES his cot, sleeps 7-7 and 2hrs during the day

wendywu
23-09-2008, 07:41 AM
Mine all sleep in cots.:)

danast
03-10-2008, 09:12 PM
I let mine mindees 2yrs old and up sleep on the sofa and behind sofa i put travel cot and i let sleep there baby. All in the living room.
Is that ok??
And if one of the does not want to seelp they just have to play quietly
Hope that is ok

gooseygirl
07-10-2008, 11:08 PM
I have a travel cot, sometimes baby will sleep there, sometimes she will fall asleep in the playpen so she is left there. I have one that sleeps in a buggy as that is the only place he likes to sleep. His mum is happy with this but I do not have written permission from her. Written permission slips are getting very silly now, we will have to have written permission to look at them soon. Wont have time to play with the children soon as all my time will be taken up doing sensless paperwork and diaries.