PDA

View Full Version : photos

haribo
19-09-2008, 11:43 AM
hi im wondering if any of you send photos of kids in a group home? if so do you black out the faces of the kids that dont live there ? cant really find an answer to this. is it ok if we get permission? its just sometimes i get a lovely photo of kids playing and think it would be lovely for the parents to see it. any help would be great. x

Tatia
19-09-2008, 12:24 PM
If you have permission from parents, then it's fine to send group shots home. I think it's fantastic for parents to see their child enjoying activities with other children in your setting and is reassuring to see their child getting along with the others.

If you had an awkward parent who didn't want photos taken, then you couldn't.

sue m
19-09-2008, 12:25 PM
I don't know the answer but will be interested to know myself. I took my lo's to a group with Sandra and one of hers the other day and I took the camera so I could show the parents that we'd been and what it was like but then I didn't bother cos I thought I might get in trouble!!!!

sue m
19-09-2008, 12:26 PM
What about all the other childminders who were at the group when Sandra and I went? I didn't bother to ask as I thought it wasn't worth it, they might have to get permission from the parents etc for a completely strange childminder (:D :D ) to start taking photos.

Mollymop
19-09-2008, 12:55 PM
My dev officer picked this point with me when she looked at my scrapbook - I had group pictures in them. She said I need to get permission from the parents - so I updated my photo permission form to include this.

haribo
19-09-2008, 07:00 PM
thanks for the replies. will get a permission form sorted ! does anyone have one specifically for this i could pinch??

Chimps Childminding
19-09-2008, 09:51 PM
June and I have got permission from parents as we are doing "all about me" books for each of the children, and some photos may have other children in them. All parents were happy with this.

Tatia
21-09-2008, 09:08 AM
NCMA website has a very comprehensive photo permission form. It's the one I use. It's a dreadful website to navigate but look for sample parental policies in blue and click. It's the last page of the permission forms.

http://www.*************/MainWebSite/ContentPage9df2c089.aspx?Map=FD6B5BC54C2FD394DD8FF BF5E9A7C452

angeldelight
21-09-2008, 03:54 PM
All my parents are happy to see other children in pics playing with their children

They like to know and see who their children are spending the day with

Angel xx

buildingblocks
24-09-2008, 09:21 AM
hi im wondering if any of you send photos of kids in a group home? if so do you black out the faces of the kids that dont live there ? cant really find an answer to this. is it ok if we get permission? its just sometimes i get a lovely photo of kids playing and think it would be lovely for the parents to see it. any help would be great. x

I have a signed permission form that paretns sign to give permission I also include photos in my newsletters.

In 5 and a half years of minding only had one paretn who didn't give permission but then they wouldn't give permission to actually take photos of their child either. Made for interesting picture taking