PDA

View Full Version : whta shall i charge?

tomy12
18-09-2008, 04:51 PM
I have started looking after a 1yr old .
At moment its 9-1pm 1 day a week but buliding up to 3 days from 3rd dec.
Mum has now decided beacuse of work she will need me to have her other child as well from1-2.30 on on occasions where she will need to work late.
what would you charge for the child who is only with me occasionally from1-2.30 as i shall always have to keep place for the child as both children are under 5.
I don't even now id it worth the extra hassle for 1hr 30 due to eyfs.

any advice welcome

claire

sammy
18-09-2008, 11:23 PM
well it depends on the are you work, i live in surrey, and i would charge £7 per hour as its part time, as you already said its probably not worth it, but if your happy with getting £7 per hour and not worried if she says no she dont want you, then tell her how much you charge and see if she will pay it-if she doesnt then its not worth doing as you could feel the space with a full time position and get more money overall. my mums have been happy with paying that price, but as i said before it depends where you live, im in an expensive area, good luck x

Chatterbox Childcare
19-09-2008, 07:15 AM
I wouldn't do it full stop on a regular basis as it would take up an under 5 space.

I would offer her a casual basis agreement if you are available.

If mum isn't happy with this she might consider a longer day on a permanent basis.

miffy
19-09-2008, 07:29 AM
I agree with Debbie - it wouldn't be worthwhile financially to give up one of your under 5 spaces for such a short time. Where is this child before 1pm anyway?

If you want to do it accept it as a casual arrangement only and explain this to mum then either charge a much higher hourly rate or charge a minimum number of hours.

Miffy xx

tomy12
19-09-2008, 05:28 PM
i have mindee A who is 1yr old 9-1pm just weds at present but building up to weds,thurs & fri.
The sibling is at pre-school from 9am-1pm so occasionally i may be need to have them both from 1pm -2.30.
I may metion as you have sugested the we have a contract stating a higher weekly fee for this & if anyone else comes along wanting the full time place then i will then give notice.
as you say its taking a place whic i could have someone else full time.
thank you for all your help.
claire