PDA

View Full Version : My table isnt big enough

singlewiththree
18-09-2008, 06:48 AM
My kitchen table has 4 chairs, fine as there is only me and my 3 daughters, when BF comes I sit on a pair of step ladders LOL

Anyway, how will I work snack for the mindees? In the day my eldest will be at school but afterschools? Not too bad in summer I have an outdoor table that seats 12 :laughing: but cant do that in winter.

What do you do?
Paula W

sarah707
18-09-2008, 07:24 AM
We have compromised and got a big oval table in the lounge... that way I can use the dining room as a playroom.

Because of its shape we can fit up to 10 round and use the computer chairs if we need.

It is from the Abo range at Ikea :D

Mrs.L.C
18-09-2008, 07:58 AM
Depends if you are wanting to get anything bigger.If not You could lie a picnic blanket out on the floor and they can sit on that. Iv done this a few times when I havnt had room for all the children round the kids table

Annie_T
18-09-2008, 09:03 AM
can you not use the chairs from outside if needed? or is the table to small fit more then 4/5 round?

could always get fold away chairs, i got a table that fits 8 but only have 4 chairs but i want change it as its old (grandma gave it to me) i got highchair stoo and a spare chair if needed when i mind

Minstrel
18-09-2008, 10:13 AM
ATM my two sit at a kiddie sized table and chairs set. Is this allowed or do they need to be sat at a proper grown table?

Monkey1
18-09-2008, 10:26 AM
I have an extendable table and six chairs i am clearing out if you want to make the journey x

melanieabigail2004
18-09-2008, 10:35 AM
My kitchen table only has 4 chairs but I bout some cheap wooden folding ones from ikea

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/64833108.

Not bad for £9. They just come out when I need more seating space

Mel

singlewiththree
18-09-2008, 11:27 AM
The fold away chairs are a good idea.

The outside is a bench but I suppose I could bring it in and put the 2 chairs either end.

Other than that all I can think is to get rid of one of my sofas in the lounge, put the toys in there and get a bigger table in the kitchen as at the moment it is kitchen/dining and toy room!

I'm tempted to buy 2 benches as then I can fit 3 to a side :) and 2 either end. Will have a scout around on ebay. I remember we had a kitchen table like that when I was a child so we could all fit, my mum was a childminder :)

Off searching online now.
Thanks I knew I could count on you all for inspiration
Paula W

LisaH
18-09-2008, 12:50 PM
My table only seats 4 but i squeeze 6 on using garden chairs!!:)

fionamal
18-09-2008, 01:23 PM
I have a kids wooden table with the 4 wooden chairs which is very similar to our own dinning room table and chairs.

I generally dont have any more than the 4 at one time for snacks/lunches so its not a problem and the baby sits in the high chair. I do also have a small kids size wooden bench seat that I have used when we have a kids party at the house and lets us sit 7 to 8 kids at their table.

Mrs.L.C
18-09-2008, 01:59 PM
ATM my two sit at a kiddie sized table and chairs set. Is this allowed or do they need to be sat at a proper grown table?

Thats what I do with the minded children but I sit near them (cant fit my legs under the table)

PaulaR
18-09-2008, 03:20 PM
I have two fold away childrens tables and plastci chairs (woolworths) for the little ones. I think its safer for the little ones than on the bif table and like you say we only have the room we have.

Mollymop
18-09-2008, 03:25 PM
I only have a 4 seater table and I have managed ok so far. My son (9) doesn't usually want to join us up the table so he sits at my desk and eats.

Minstrel
18-09-2008, 03:31 PM
i think i will stick to my little table and chairs then if thats allowed because i dont have room for a very large table that my family dont even use- we sit in lounge. then i can have more room for them to play instead. x

Mrs.L.C
18-09-2008, 04:31 PM
i think i will stick to my little table and chairs then if thats allowed because i dont have room for a very large table that my family dont even use- we sit in lounge. then i can have more room for them to play instead. x

Defo worth it and the same as what I did. Didnt hvae room for the big table & chairs and hvaing the little one has saved room

balloon
18-09-2008, 05:04 PM
We have a small table that isn't big enough for anybody other than my two sons and I. We also have a foldaway table, sort of like a camping one but quite substantial and not rocky. (I used to use it for crafting on). We just put them side by side and use some foldaway chairs (Argos) so we have the best of both worlds, space and a 'big' table when needed.

Rubybubbles
18-09-2008, 06:30 PM
I have a small table that fits 4 chairs and I have 2 fold up chairs when needed, and a highchair:o

I look after 4 children so I end up perching on the window sill! as my 2 and 2 after school, one in booster and one on highchair!

where do you sit then:huh:

singlewiththree
21-09-2008, 07:57 PM
You dont often get to hear what people did to solve the problem so I thought I would post that I have bidded for a extending table on ebay and won so going to pick it up this week it was £33.50 for a pine table with 4 chairs, going to keep my 4 chairs for my table as the pine table extends to sit 6 :clapping: and could squeeze two more on.

Chatterbox Childcare
21-09-2008, 08:43 PM
Excellent news

Rubybubbles
21-09-2008, 09:21 PM
well done:clapping:

I love ebay

Annie_T
21-09-2008, 10:03 PM
got to love ebay, well done hun x