PDA

View Full Version : Setting Fees Initially

singlewiththree
17-09-2008, 09:11 AM
I've looked on the ************* website and got the price of the other 4 childminders servicing the school mine go to. They are all £3.50 however I currently pay £3.25 to my childminder and was going to charge that especially as the after school club charges a flat fee of £6 from 3.15-6pm. Do you think the other childminders will think I am trying to undercut them? I dont want to upset them before I've already started.
Paula

crazybones
17-09-2008, 09:20 AM
You dont have to advertise your fee on ************* if you dont want to. I have just put "on request". Then when you get a call I would quote your fee's as £3.50 in line with other childminders in this area. If they have got your number from the ************* they will be aware of this.

cloud9
17-09-2008, 09:56 AM
You dont have to advertise your fee on ************* if you dont want to. I have just put "on request". Then when you get a call I would quote your fee's as £3.50 in line with other childminders in this area. If they have got your number from the ************* they will be aware of this.

to be honest i dont think any childminders in my area match each other because we are all different e.g i know a cm who charges £4 per hpur but then charges for food as an extra i however charge higher but include all the food.
Only you can decide.

fluffysocks
17-09-2008, 08:29 PM
I wouldnt put too much emphasis on the fees charged by others. Some may charge all inclusive, others may not. Also you dont know the kind of service they offer. There are childminders in my area that charge extra for dropping off and collecting from schoolc, extra for mileage on day trips etc.

Your fee should reflect the service you provide. its the old saying "you get what you pay for" obviously you don't want to price yourself out, I think i'd go for a happy medium, maybe £3.40 an hour and see how it works out. You can always review it later on.

xx