PDA

View Full Version : MIGHT have new mindee starting tomorrow! UPDATED

berkschick
13-01-2008, 04:56 PM
Hi all,

I had a phone call about an hour ago asking if I could mind a little girl from tomorrow morning. It would be from 9am, then drop at pre-school at 9.30am, collect at 12pm and then Mum collect from me at 12.30pm. I told her I would have to charge from 9am till 12.30pm and she was fine about that so easy money or what!! Mum is at Uni in the mornings. Mum seemed really keen till I said that she would need to come round like now really to meet me and sign contracts etc. She said she will call back. She hasnt yet but we will see. Im not convinced she will but it is nice to get the calls anyway.

Love

Debbie

Angela234
13-01-2008, 05:10 PM
That will be great maybe she running around cleaning up first i would be
hope she gets back to you let us know

Angela

Angela234
13-01-2008, 05:11 PM
Sorry i miss read it

Angela

sarah707
13-01-2008, 05:35 PM
If it were me, I'd say it's great you want to start straight away, but it's not really very good for your child to come where she doesn't know, so I know you're desperate but we really need to talk about a settling in period! Get her round tonight with little girl so at least you can have a chat and find out what she likes to do etc...

I wouldn't do anything til I'd got to know the child and checked out the parent etc... :D

Hope it works out for you Debbie - you deserve to get something, you're working sooo hard! xx

miffy
13-01-2008, 05:42 PM
Got my fingers crossed Debbie - hope it works out for you

miffy xx

mrsbumbles
13-01-2008, 06:24 PM
Good luck Debbie, cant wait to here all about it. x

Tily Bud
13-01-2008, 06:27 PM
Did you see the mum Debbies ? what did you decide to do ?

Monkey1
13-01-2008, 06:39 PM
Good luck Debbie. Fingers crossed x
I got a job like that....had a call wanting to start the next morning.it was only ment to be temporary............lasted two years , sadly they have moved away but my Daughter and Scarley write regulary! Hope it works out!

Mollymop
13-01-2008, 06:50 PM
Hi Debbie, Has she called you back yet?
Good luck for tomorrow, let us know how it goes.

berkschick
13-01-2008, 07:32 PM
Hi all,

No phone call back yet. Im not really surprised to be honest.

I have a funny feeling she will either call late tonight for first thing in the morning. I have caller ID and noted her number down earlier! If she calls first thing I will not answer because it is unfair on both the child and myself for her to turn up for the first time at 9am tomorrow morning. I dont think Mum realised she would have to sign contracts etc, I think she thought it was like a creche where she could just turn up.

Oh well, time will tell but in the meantime it is good to know the ads are being read by someone!

Will let you know what happens! One of my best friends works at the pre-school the collection was from so she will try and find out a bit more for me although I didnt even get the childs name.

Love

Debbie

berkschick
13-01-2008, 09:24 PM
Still no phone call. :angry:

I am annoyed now! Just feel like its never going to work out for me.

She seemed so intersted on the phone, I spent about 20mins on the phone going through everything. She promised to call back!

Good job I didnt give her my address, at least she cant just turn up in the morning.

I am wondering if she rang that unregistered woman cause her ad still on Gumtree :angry:

Sorry, just feeling sorry for myself.

Love

Debbie

Mollymop
13-01-2008, 09:31 PM
:) Chin up Debbie!
She might turn up in the morning, but it's not fair on you or her little one. I hate it when people say they will call but they never do. But this should be a priority to her after all she is leaving her precious with you.

Hope you find out what's going on soon.

XXX

Trouble
13-01-2008, 09:31 PM
good luck:clapping:

Angela234
13-01-2008, 09:34 PM
Sorry about that Debbie it can be very disapointing when they don't get back to you she could of phoned and say she didn't need you now. You never know though she might sort something out for tomorrow then get back to you.
Iwouldn't bank on it through But don't worry things will pick up

Angela

Rubybubbles
13-01-2008, 10:17 PM
Oh Debbie:angry: , TBH though I would have phoned her back to see if she was still interested:laughing: thats how I got most of my business when I first started, just phoning to see if you still need that space blah blah!!

Hope it sorts it's self out for you xx

mummyspice
13-01-2008, 11:17 PM
Hope it all works out for you:)
Lisa x

angeldelight
14-01-2008, 08:25 AM
Any news Debbie ?

Why not give her a call if you do not hear anything ?

Angel xx

Mollymop
14-01-2008, 09:19 AM
Hope it went ok Debbie?

berkschick
14-01-2008, 09:23 AM
Hi all,

No, I havent heard anything from her.

I have a feeling it was for the same child that I had a call about last week, the one who was going to pre-school AM and Nursery PM. I think Mum planned to collect her at 12.30pm and drop her at the nursery herself in her lunch break for 12.45pm. It was a differant lady on the phone I think but they were both foreign so quite hard to understand.

I was stopped by 3 other childminders on the school run this morning asking if I had heard from this woman as they had all spoken to her too and had all passed my number on as they are all full. They were all excited for me thinking there was no reason why she wouldnt have gone with me and seemed genuinely upset that she hadnt got back to me. It was really nice of them and I feel better knowing they are all trying to help me too.

I might give the Mum a quick text as it was a mobile number.

Thanks again

Debbie

Blaze
14-01-2008, 10:44 AM
I'm sorry you've been messed about...I'd give her a call...you have nothing to loose & everything to gain!
Tasha:)

Banana
14-01-2008, 10:48 AM
Sorry you havnt heard anything it Debbie.

Keep thinking positivley!

It will happen for you!

xxx

berkschick
14-01-2008, 10:52 AM
I have rung Mum but her phone switched off so I have left her a message on her answerphone.

I just asked her to let me know if she would be needing me or not as I have lots of adverts up and will be getting other enquiries to consider.( think positive lol) I gave her my mobile number and said a quick text to let me know would be fine if she coulnt talk.

So now will have to wait and see but I dont expect to hear anything.

I will text my friend who works at the pre-school later and see if she knows anymore. All the childminders are known at the pre-school so se will know if she ended up with someone else.

Love

Debbie

Rubybubbles
14-01-2008, 01:27 PM
thats really good from the other childminders in your area:clapping:

angeldelight
14-01-2008, 01:29 PM
Good Luck Debbie I am sure you will get some calls soon

Angel xx

berkschick
14-01-2008, 02:35 PM
Mum just text me and said she had found someone else :( :(

Hopefully I might find out who at school later as all the minders seem to know each other and who has who.

Bit annoyed though, why waste my time when I was offering what she wanted?

Oh well, back to the drawing board

Love

Debbie

LittleMissSparkles
14-01-2008, 04:12 PM
Mum just text me and said she had found someone else :( :(

Hopefully I might find out who at school later as all the minders seem to know each other and who has who.

Bit annoyed though, why waste my time when I was offering what she wanted?

Oh well, back to the drawing board

Love

Debbie

i bet she hasnt got anyone but just said that, probably didnt want childcare even !!!

angeldelight
14-01-2008, 04:26 PM
It happens Debbie and yes it is annoying

Never mind do not give up I am sure something will happen soon

Angel xx

deeb66
14-01-2008, 06:28 PM
I am sorry that things didn't work out Debbie....but keep your chin up i am sure something else will come along soon.

Take care

bubbly
14-01-2008, 06:37 PM
Sorry to hear it didn't work out Debbie. You seem to be getting a lot of enquiries though.

Wiggly
14-01-2008, 06:40 PM
Oh, sorry it didn't work out Debbie - something else will come along soon.

Fingers crossed for you.
Wiggly
x

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
14-01-2008, 06:46 PM
Something else will come along I am sure fingers crossed.

Lorraine xx

Trouble
14-01-2008, 06:58 PM
i know its work and its alright for me to say but do you really want to have a child whos parent makes you feel like that? she not a nice person

ruby
14-01-2008, 07:28 PM
so sorry it didn't work out Debbie but we are sure something else will come along soon

Cathy and rachel

Tily Bud
14-01-2008, 08:01 PM
Never mind debbie something better will turn up soon x

carolinel
14-01-2008, 08:30 PM
Sorry it didn't work out Debbie. Fingers crossed you'll get more enquiries soon

Monkey1
14-01-2008, 08:45 PM
This one didn't work out.....which means there is something better waiting round the corner and it will be worth waiting for xxx

Mollymop
14-01-2008, 09:14 PM
Oh Debbie that's such a shame!

I agree with what Susan said - she probably hasn't got anyone else, just saying it.
It would have been nice if she would have called you back to begin with :(

It's nice that you have support from other childminders that live near you.
I bet you will have a minde in no time.

Think positively.

BIG HUGS!!

miffy
14-01-2008, 09:16 PM
Sorry to hear this didn't work out for you debbie.

Think positive, as Monkey says something better will come up

Miffy xx

Spangles
15-01-2008, 03:29 PM
Sorry that this one didn't pan out to anything. I can't see why she couldn't have let you know though.

I'm sure your next enquiry is just around the corner!