PDA

View Full Version : Over 8's

jaz
16-09-2008, 06:31 AM
Now we are on several registers with Ofsted, do you think its a good idea to have a set of policies for over 8's in your care.

I dont mean to completely rewrite them, but take out policies which arent relevant e.g potty training etc.

Any comments gratefully received

J
x

angeldelight
16-09-2008, 06:35 AM
Well I leave them all in my main folder for parents to see but when they get a welcome pack I put shorter versions in and yes I do take the potty ones out etc

I leave them in my main folder though - its good for parents to see what I offer younger children - just incase they have a young child or just incase they know somone who wants chidcare in the future - that way they know I cover all ages

Angel xx

miffy
16-09-2008, 06:37 AM
I do much the same as Angel - I have one folder with all the policies in but I only give parents copies of the policies that are relevant to them/their child.

HTH

Miffy xx

balloon
16-09-2008, 06:38 AM
Not sure if its the sort of thing you mean, but I have a separate behaviour policy for 'later years' children. My youngest ones have the golden rules to work from but older ones are encouraged to think about and co-write behaviour contracts like they do in schools.

jaz
16-09-2008, 06:47 AM
Not sure if its the sort of thing you mean, but I have a separate behaviour policy for 'later years' children. My youngest ones have the golden rules to work from but older ones are encouraged to think about and co-write behaviour contracts like they do in schools.

Funny you should say that, we all sat down and did exactly that yesterday as I was fed up of constantly telling the older ones off for picking on or excluding my younger child.

They wrote some rules, which I am going to print off and get them all to sign it.

J
x

mertonparker
18-09-2008, 04:39 PM
I have a parents pack with all my policies in and a separate caring for school aged children brochure. The sch brochure has older child behaviour agreement, childminder behaviour agreement, parental permission to share relevant info with school, caring for sch aged children policy, house rules for sch aged children, over 8's childminding policy, weekly diary sheet for sch aged children, School aged children inital questionnaire-what they like/dislike doing etc. also included in this pack are the main policies from my general portfolio so parents then have a copy too.

mertonparker .x