PDA

View Full Version : how much notice do you give for a fee increase?

sarahstanbridge
13-09-2008, 08:31 AM
i have just noticed that my fees were due to be reviewed in august for september - as my fees went up last september. do you think if i tolf parent they were to rise ion 1 october that i would have given them enough notice or should i say 1 november ? not sure what to do for the best? thanks

Chatterbox Childcare
13-09-2008, 08:34 AM
My contracts are reviewed in August and the new rates start in September for which I have a new contract. My old contracts state that I review 31st August each year sol the parents are aware.

If you haven't already negotiated the contract at review I would do it this month and start next (I bill monthly) and next year do the review earlier.

Annie_T
13-09-2008, 09:32 AM
i dopnt see prob with that hun, its just over 2 weeks notice x

Heaven Scent
13-09-2008, 12:47 PM
To be fair I'd give a minimum of 4 weeks as most people are paid monthly state its merely a reminder and that due to all the extra work you had to do this year to prepare for EYFS you didn't get around to giving notice in August so increase later than usual this year but will be in Sept next year and that should cover you and they shoud feel that they got away with over a month at the old rate. Then put a note in your Diary in July next year to prepare notice to go out by 1st Aug giving 1 mths notice for Sept increase.

Jules12Wed
13-09-2008, 02:41 PM
I must admit I have never made an increase to any of my parents just haven't had the guts!!! New mindees I take on now I charge extra for but old ones are on the same amount they were when they joined me 2 years ago.

Tatia
14-09-2008, 09:33 AM
My old contracts state that I review 31st August each year sol the parents are aware.

That's a good idea! I usually do it on the year's anniversary but that's such a pain cos it means having to do it throughout the year. I'd rather get it all over and done one a year. May pinch that idea, cool!:cool:

miffy
14-09-2008, 10:56 AM
I give 4 weeks notice of an increase in fees.

I don't put my fees up every year but always put everyone's up at the same time.

Miffy xx