PDA

View Full Version : every other week??

butterfly
12-09-2008, 04:11 PM
I had a parent phone about care for her son as she wants to increase her hours at work. she wants to do it possibly every other week for a while to see if it works out for her and her employer. anyway she phoned earlier to say she def. wants to come round and discuss a place. my query is though what should i charge? i'm not sure exactly what she wants but i want to be prepared if she does want to go ahead with one morning every other week.

should i charge just for the hours they use and hope it goes up to every week or charge half for the weeks they are not there? what would you do?

butterfly
12-09-2008, 04:14 PM
just so you know i only have mornings spare each week now so i'm resigned to the fact that i will probably have to accept that each morning will go to a diff child and that i will have them for a max. of 5 hours per week. not ideal but i do need the spaces filled.

Minstrel
12-09-2008, 04:18 PM
I'm not sure i would do this personally. I dont know how well a child would settle coming to you only every other week. Could you not have him evey week even if mum is off. Tell her she would need to pay for it anyway since the place is effectively gone and you prob wont find anyone esle that wants it.

PaulaR
12-09-2008, 05:03 PM
I have a child who's mum needs me three mornings till 1.30 and every otehr Thurday. I charge her half fee for teh Thursday that I don't have him.So if it is five hours, I charge the five hours one week and the following 2 and half hours. The boy has been with me for 18 months and it works for us.

venus89
12-09-2008, 05:07 PM
I have a little boy her week term time only (his mum job shares with the mum of another child I used to mind, so I used to have the other child on the alternate weeks....) - he has no problem whatsoever coming here, settling in etc. I think so long as they're happy it shouldn't be a problem.
This boys mum may want to increase his days and go on to every tuesday 9fingers crossed) from november, after nearly 6 months of having him once a fortnight and the odd days in between - so I think if it may increas it may well be worth your while doing?

venus89
12-09-2008, 05:09 PM
Oh, and I just charge for the days he comes - I hate the money side of things!