PDA

View Full Version : please help

rainbowsdawn
12-09-2008, 03:38 PM
i had a new boy start yday (3 and a half)and everything is going wrong that i feel its best to terminate the contact.

yesterday i had 2 accidents due to this new child being so hypa and jumping around that he hurt the same child~(full timer) twice

anyway today i thought id take new child and my child (4) to a soft play area, well what a mistake, the new boy had hurt atleast 5 children, not on purpose but where he is soooooooooooo hypa and jumping and kicking around. It got so bad today i had to tell me own son to stay upstairs (which was for 4 hours) as m son and new child just are not getting on

now the even harder bit, the new boy is my cousins little one.....what do i do, i dont think i can handle another day with him:mad:

Spangles
12-09-2008, 03:42 PM
Gosh, that's a tough one.

Can't you speak to your cousin about it? Maybe he's just overexcited at the moment and he'll calm down? His parents may say he's not normally like that and just needs time to chill out.

I would definitely speak to your cousin tonight or over the weekend to see what the score is and how this can be tackled.

Just a thought but could he be allergic to something in his drinks or food?

Minstrel
12-09-2008, 03:43 PM
It is quite soon, he may be trying his luck.
Can you not spend lots of time in the morning out and about (big fields- football!) to burn off some off his energy. Set some house rules for indoors ie no jumping on furniture , no shouting etc. Sticker chart every 15mins he has been good, with a reward. He may just be very excited to be coming to your house and seeing his little cousin! And hopefully will calm down soon. Hope it all works out for you and you do not have to terminate. x best wishes x

rainbowsdawn
12-09-2008, 03:48 PM
It is quite soon, he may be trying his luck.
Can you not spend lots of time in the morning out and about (big fields- football!) to burn off some off his energy. Set some house rules for indoors ie no jumping on furniture , no shouting etc. Sticker chart every 15mins he has been good, with a reward. He may just be very excited to be coming to your house and seeing his little cousin! And hopefully will calm down soon. Hope it all works out for you and you do not have to terminate. x best wishes x

have shown little boy the house rules but he just doesnt keep to them. I use stickers for all my mindees so that hasnt seemed to work either. I have a 9 month old and 16 month old on the same day as him.

Also forgot to say when i told his mum, she replied oh hes been to 3 different nurserys and had the same prob......very trick one:mad:

Minstrel
12-09-2008, 03:51 PM
sleeping tablets?:laughing: ( that was a joke before anyone calls NSPCC!!)

Has he been tested for any sort of ADHD?

rainbowsdawn
12-09-2008, 03:52 PM
[QUOTE=Minstrel;227015]sleeping tablets?:laughing: ( that was a joke before anyone calls NSPCC!!)

LOL

Mrs.L.C
12-09-2008, 03:56 PM
You have to do whats best for you and your own child. People always say its difficult minding for family/friends and it shouldnt be done.

Maybe you could tr some of the suggestions like going to a large playing field, and have a good run about to see if it helps but obv you cant do this everyday. Speak to him about calming down and say if he doesnt and hurts another child he will have to come and sit down for time out for 3 ins each time it happens and praising whenever he is calm

Good luck with what ever you decide

cloud9
12-09-2008, 03:58 PM
I also had a child like this that has now started ft school. i only have him ad hoc now in the hols and things but i talked to mum (who was aware of probs) and said that if it ever got to the stage where he put my other mindees in a position of danger of hurt them then he would have to go home. Mum was entirely happy about this and now the child does very rarely behaves in such a way because he knows the consequences.

My son however also does not got on with this child so i always ask him before i agree to have the other child and if he says he would rather not then i will say no to the mum. Again mum fully understands this situation and my son finds it easier because he knows if it gets to much with the other boy he can always tell me.

Sorry also forgot to say if you have a settling in period give it some time to settle the child is bound to test the boundaries with you as it is new you may find he settles well when you introduce ground rules and show that it is unacceptable

PaulaR
12-09-2008, 05:07 PM
I would definetely take him to the part for at least an hour, if not two first thing in the morning and then try and keep him busy with something low key.
Accidents often happen in the first week because you are geting to know the children. Mine slipped on my lamiate floor the first week and neartly broke his teeth.
Alos keep an eye on his diet, keep away from orange squash, that used to send my own child mad.

Ripeberry
12-09-2008, 05:11 PM
My girls can be a bit hyper sometimes, especially just before bed and my husband suggested that we set up a couple of bicycles in the house and link them up to a generator and then we could get free electricity!
I do think he was joking:laughing:
But what a nightmare, you must be exghausted. Did she tell you about his problems at nursery BEFORE you had him?

angeldelight
12-09-2008, 10:46 PM
Hope the little one settles down

If not you have to do what is right for you and your family

Good luck

Angel xx