PDA

View Full Version : How many of you have business names?

singlewiththree
10-09-2008, 06:24 AM
I have never really thought about it until the post below which sounds lovely. I live in Maple Ave so could have Maple Leaf or something :) There are loads of childminders around here and they just use their names. Some in the next town have polo shirts with their names on and I work in a soft play centre and loads come in with and without names.

Who has a name and how do you use it? Do you wear a uniform and do you register it as an account with the business name or is it just for the tax office?

donnahay0
10-09-2008, 07:09 AM
I don't have a business name but would like one. I haven't come up with one that I like yet - any good ideas would be appreciated. Most ideas seem to have double meanings or are quite rude - funny though.

I like the idea of using "Maple" in your name somehow.

melanieabigail2004
10-09-2008, 07:17 AM
When I first became a childminder in 2005 I never had a name but I've just re-registered and decided I would like one - its proving rather good! It is also a unique selling point v other childminders.

Mel

LOOPYLISA
10-09-2008, 09:56 AM
Wish i could think of one!, hubbys being very impatient and can.t wait to get my t-shirts printed!

OrlandoBelle
10-09-2008, 11:37 AM
I am in the process of becoming registered and have set up a business name. I have had t-shirts, business cards, car magnets, letterheads, flyers, etc printed with my business name and logo on. I live in Oakley Vale and I've called my business Oakley Childcare. I have also set up my own website! Just can't wait to get registered now!!! x

Pedagog
10-09-2008, 11:41 AM
I am having a business name, I think it makes you sound more professional.

Pudding Girl
10-09-2008, 12:25 PM
I have one mainly because it's easier to makret I find, obviously something catchy will remain in ones head better than a name - plus re advertising, I didn't want my name plastered all over town!

Up here, there are a few with names but most don't.

Jules12Wed
10-09-2008, 12:43 PM
I would love a name for my business but i'm not very imaginative. The name of your road is a good one but I live down Wednesbury Road so not very easy to use that!

balloon
10-09-2008, 12:50 PM
I've got one, one or two people have said it sounds very professional.

My 12 year old decided on ours and designed all the business cards, adverts etc with a logo which I use on absolutely everything from the parent pack right through to the invoices.

Spangles
10-09-2008, 01:14 PM
I've got my business name too, I think it sounds more professional and business-like plus I don't want my name all over the place either.

I've got a logo which is on all of my paperwork and I've made my own letterhead up too.

I also sometimes wear polo shirts with the logo and name on but I've gone off them for now and prefer to wear 'normal' clothes!

Tatia
10-09-2008, 01:28 PM
I've got a business name, too and I use it and my logo for all advertising, paperwork and newsletters. It's on my business cards and leaflets and often when ordering something, I'll have it delivered to Little Stars Childminding. However, I am registered with OFSTED in my own name and bank in my own name, as well.

Ripeberry
10-09-2008, 01:38 PM
I've been thinking of on for ages and i got myself a round cafe tabletop cover for my dinning room (thank you all for the info on Cafe covers e-bay) and got myself the strawberry one.
Then one afternoon had a total brainwave and thought, why not use part of the road name and the strawberry and i came up with "Strawberry Meadow".
Went onto Vista print and ordered some business cards and a large sign for the car...also got my domain name registered for a website...pheww!

sarah707
10-09-2008, 02:48 PM
I have one!

I used my town name... and have it on my website, email addresses and on my promotional stuff.

I like it... it feels professional.

I haven't officially registered it though, it's just a personal thing :D

Chatterbox Childcare
10-09-2008, 03:10 PM
Wish i could think of one!, hubbys being very impatient and can.t wait to get my t-shirts printed!

What about Loopy's?

LeeAnn
10-09-2008, 03:53 PM
I am awaiting registration, on my form I have put both my business name and own name on it.

What is your name?

Or some info on your area?

I am sure we could put our thinking caps on for you, I LOVE helping people pick out names!

x x x x