PDA

View Full Version : X-box expense

pirateship
09-09-2008, 09:44 AM
I bought my partner an X-box 360 for his birthday in February and since then the mindees have been using it all the time! My question is - the receipt is dated January, so can I still put it on my expenses even though it was bought ages ago? Obviously I'll only claim a percentage, I was thinking 25%?

Minstrel
09-09-2008, 09:53 AM
I dont think you can as you didnt buy it for mindees - you would still have bought it even if not minding iucwim?

It will come out of your 10% wear and tear to your home. Anyone correct if i am wrong?

littlesprogs
09-09-2008, 09:57 AM
I think you can if the mindees are using it but dont put all of it through coz obviously your family use it too.

I bought a nintendo wii purely for mindees (i wouldnt have bought it if i wasnt minding) but since we'v had it we've been using it too so i've only put 50% through

pirateship
09-09-2008, 10:11 AM
As far as I know, I can put a percentage through if the mindees are using it, what I wondered was as it was purchased so long ago, can I still count it? I have the receipt, it's just dated January.

cloud9
09-09-2008, 10:26 AM
I'd would just put it in in the current date but name it backdated expense (x box 360).

crazybones
09-09-2008, 10:33 AM
You could always "buy" it off your husband iyswim? Write out a receipt for a far amount and get him to sign it - same as if you bought second hand from carboot or somewhere.