PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!!

gillm01
08-09-2008, 07:29 PM
Hi there

I have been a childminder for a year but never had any mindees and never went on the icp course or first aid as i got disheartened with never having anyone and basically gave up but a have had a call from someone wanting me to look after their children who are 3 & 5 can i look after them or do i have to do these courses first is it too late:(

gill

sue m
08-09-2008, 07:58 PM
You must do the courses, you cannot look after children without doing them. You need to find out where your nearest courses are and when and apply to go on them. Good luck :thumbsup:

gillm01
08-09-2008, 08:03 PM
are they still free for childminders as they were when i first registered or do i have to pay now

gill

sue m
08-09-2008, 08:08 PM
I'm not sure Gill, sorry, it was when I did mine and so was the first aid but I honestly don't know now as quite a lot of courses we have to pay for. someone else will tell you :D

gillm01
08-09-2008, 08:11 PM
thanks sue

guess i will have to say no then to this lady it's a shame but at least i hopefully will be working in my local hospital nursery in the next couple of weeks instead

thanks for the help

gill

sue m
08-09-2008, 08:27 PM
That sounds nice, wouldn't mind doing that myself! It is a shame that you can't have the other children but you're not a childminder unfortunately until you have done the ICP course and the first aid and got your registration certificate from Ofsted.

Good luck with the hospital nursery.

Annie_T
08-09-2008, 10:14 PM
the icp course should be free, but may not be in certyain area's the first aid is around £30 which you get back with start up grant once ofsted reg'ed if your entitled to it.

call your local job centre or cis and they should be able give you number you need book icp course. i rang 0800 32 32 30 (im ashford, kent)