PDA

View Full Version : Do we have to give parents copies of policies?

vix84
08-09-2008, 07:04 PM
Ive just been reading through these posts and came accross :

EYFS does not replace ECM - it's aim is to help young children achieve the 5 ECM outcomes - staying safe, being healthy, enjoying and achieving, making a positive contribution and achieving economic well-being.

'EYFS replaces Curriculum Guidance for the Foundation Stage, the B23 Matters framework and the National Standards for Under 8's Daycare and Childminding but elements of all of these are found within EYFS.

Childminders do not have to have written policies under EYFS BUT will be required to explain their procedures for example, on safeguarding children so it's best to have them written down but it isn't a legal requirement

HTH

Miffy xx'

So therefore I will still keep a policy book, but as we arent legally required o keep policies written down, does this mean parents dont have to have copies?
Can they just read and sign to say they have read them and agree?

jaz
08-09-2008, 07:06 PM
I always give the parents a copy to keep. I make sure that if I have updated anything, they get a copy of that as well.

J
x

sarah707
08-09-2008, 07:11 PM
I give parents a precis and all policies are in a folder for them to read whenever they want.

I tell parents about changes in my newsletter :D

PaulaR
08-09-2008, 07:38 PM
I was wondering whether to give my mums a copy of the policies. I don't think they would be interested. They're not as bothered by the paperwork as us, they just want us to care for their children.

Mrs.L.C
08-09-2008, 07:41 PM
iv never given out policys but told parents they can have copies on request and parents prefer this as they have said they would just lose them anyway or they would end up in the bin so might as well save the paper and the trees but was thinking maybe I should get them to sign something to say they have seen them now the EYFS is in place

vix84
08-09-2008, 07:46 PM
Thanks all - will just get them to read and sign, and sign any updates and re-read yearly:)

scottie
09-09-2008, 09:04 AM
i put all policies on a disk for each parent and have a form for them to sign saying that they have read and agree with them they keep disk as long as they are with my service and hand back at end of contact.

i also keep one one display any up dates i ask parents for disk back to add on.:thumbsup:

hope that helps

Andrea08
09-09-2008, 09:18 AM
mmmm well i have a BIG file full of policies, on dest for any1 to read but i ask parents to understand and sign along side the permissions form.

the parents i have worked with cana be bothered to take their contract home (still sat on my table) they just about read letters from school so it would be a waste of paper and ink,

copies available on request is best?
xx

Mrs.L.C
09-09-2008, 09:30 AM
The disc idea has got me thinking that maybe I we could email them to parents so they have a copy and they can print if and when they like but still get them to sign something...I think most people have email now either at work or at home

katickles
09-09-2008, 09:33 AM
I give copies. I have a list of exclusion times in my exclusion of children who are ill or infectious, so I think that when parents have all the info they can relate to it should they need to