PDA

View Full Version : DOGS

LIZZIE
08-09-2008, 02:11 PM
Hi everyone,
I hope this isn't too stupid a question I have had a look but can't find anything. Basically do you have to lock your dog away from the children while you are minding? I have a very small Bichon Frise who just sleeps all day in the gap between the sofa and the wall so he can't really be seen and I dont think he would take too kindly to being put in the kitchen all day. would that be ok or will I be told he has to move?

tulip0803
08-09-2008, 02:15 PM
OFSTED never asked for my dog to be kept away from the children. He wandered the house but he was allowed upstairs and the mindees weren't so he was able to escape if he wanted to.

You will have to assure them that you will never leave him in a room alone with mindees. You will have to tell them how you will ensure that the mindees stay safe. Clearing up the garden, not leaving his food lying around, vaccinations, flea treatment, worming etc

mimo
08-09-2008, 05:05 PM
same as above .Just make sure your dog can escape if it wants to

LIZZIE
08-09-2008, 05:55 PM
Thank you both of you. I have his vaccination docs and flea and worming dates are kept in my diary. Garden has a poo patrol as a matter of course every day anyway.
I will make sure he can escape somewhere safe, he is so diddy smaller than the cats but really friendly in a shy sort of way.
Thanks again I dont know what I would do without this site probably would have given up by now!

Andrea08
08-09-2008, 06:19 PM
i have 2 dogs and too many other pets to mention,
but i keep them out of the way of the children, they not big dogs but are still young and afraid they could bump into a child and dont want to put the kids off dogs x

emmadines
08-09-2008, 06:19 PM
mine was quite bouncy (he's a lab!!) and they were fine

DudleyChildmind
08-09-2008, 06:27 PM
I have a German Shepherd and she is allowed anywhere in the house when the children are here. The only time she is shut out is when the children are eating.

Paula J
08-09-2008, 06:33 PM
We have a daft labrador who adours the children only thing I was told by OFSTED was to have a policy and parents permission for the kids to feed, handle her and that parents arent aware of any allergies :) Paula

LIZZIE
10-09-2008, 03:50 PM
Well just had my pre reg visit and she was lovely and said dog would not be a prob so long as children could not get to his food. Mind you he didnt help himself when after finishing business in the garden he proceeded to come in and bum walk across the floor,OH THE SHAME !!!!