PDA

View Full Version : Policy wording for the Childcare Register... where it is different from t'other one

sarah707
07-09-2008, 07:26 PM
I have just made the following changes to my policies. You are welcome to use or adapt the wording...

Information policy or where ever you list the info you keep on children...

Note - the EYFS (which relates to the Ofsted Early Years Register) states, ‘Records relating to individual children should be retained for a reasonable period of time (for example 3 years) after the child has left the provision.’
The Childcare Register states that records should be retained for 2 years.
I am on both the Early Years Register and the Childcare Register.

Complaints policy

The EYFS (which relates to the Ofsted Early Years Register) states that Ofsted must be notified of any complaints regarding the Statutory Requirement of the EYFS within 28 days; the Childcare Register states that Ofsted must be informed within 20 days. I am on both the Early Years Register and the Childcare Register.

The EYFS (which relates to the Ofsted Early Years Register) states that a written record of complaints must be retained for 3 years; the Childcare Register states that a written record of complaints must be retained for 2 years. I am on both the Early Years Register and the Childcare Register.

Don't forget, whatever the Eyfs says, if you are on the Childcare Register you MUST have a written Complaints Policy and 'Childminders must keep and implement a written statement of procedures to be followed for the protection of children’

And... if you are on the Childcare Register and have not done any training, you need to speak with your Development Officer about grants and available courses...

'Childminders on the Childcare Register are required to hold a current first aid certificate and to have either a level 2 qualification or training in the common core.'

http://www.everychildmatters.gov.uk/deliveringservices/commoncore/

Hope this helps :D

Gherkin
07-09-2008, 07:30 PM
Thank you Sarah.

Pipsqueak
07-09-2008, 07:39 PM
Thanks Sarah
xxx

mumtodaniel
07-09-2008, 09:24 PM
Thanks Sarah

Without your posting did not realise they were different, I am on both as well.

Now just have to sort out some training,......

donnahay0
08-09-2008, 10:47 AM
Thanks Sarah, I am going to try and address this problem today - however that probably means sometime this month to be more reaslistic.

mertonparker
08-09-2008, 11:39 AM
Thank you Sarah :)

mertonparker.x

Mollymop
08-09-2008, 11:49 AM
Thanks Sarah.

You know we have to keep the child's records for a "reasonable" amount of time after they have left the setting? I was told by my dev officer and on my icp last year that we have to keep this info for 21 years. Has this changed or is that something different I am no about.

Thanks x

mummyroysof3
08-09-2008, 12:15 PM
Ive only been told i have to do the icp 10 week course and the first aid, is that classed as in the common core? ive said i will look after all ages so will i be on all 3?

charlotte x

Heaven Scent
08-09-2008, 12:55 PM
Yes I too was told 21 years and so many days and I forget the number of days - so where does this fit into the larger scale of things? Is This just to do with accidents and medicine?

sarah707
08-09-2008, 01:19 PM
Thanks Sarah.

You know we have to keep the child's records for a "reasonable" amount of time after they have left the setting? I was told by my dev officer and on my icp last year that we have to keep this info for 21 years. Has this changed or is that something different I am no about.

Thanks x

That's for your insurance... in case a child wants to claim against you in the future.

It's nothing to do with Ofsted :D

son77
10-09-2008, 08:17 PM
I have just made the following changes to my policies. You are welcome to use or adapt the wording...

Information policy or where ever you list the info you keep on children...

Note - the EYFS (which relates to the Ofsted Early Years Register) states, ‘Records relating to individual children should be retained for a reasonable period of time (for example 3 years) after the child has left the provision.’
The Childcare Register states that records should be retained for 2 years.
I am on both the Early Years Register and the Childcare Register.

Complaints policy

The EYFS (which relates to the Ofsted Early Years Register) states that Ofsted must be notified of any complaints regarding the Statutory Requirement of the EYFS within 28 days; the Childcare Register states that Ofsted must be informed within 20 days. I am on both the Early Years Register and the Childcare Register.

The EYFS (which relates to the Ofsted Early Years Register) states that a written record of complaints must be retained for 3 years; the Childcare Register states that a written record of complaints must be retained for 2 years. I am on both the Early Years Register and the Childcare Register.

Don't forget, whatever the Eyfs says, if you are on the Childcare Register you MUST have a written Complaints Policy and 'Childminders must keep and implement a written statement of procedures to be followed for the protection of children’

And... if you are on the Childcare Register and have not done any training, you need to speak with your Development Officer about grants and available courses...

'Childminders on the Childcare Register are required to hold a current first aid certificate and to have either a level 2 qualification or training in the common core.'

Hope this helps :D

So does this mean if I only look after 0-5's I dont need any qualifications, but ages after that need level 2 or training in the common core?

And what exactly does training in the common core mean?

Looked at the link but confused.

Chatterbox Childcare
10-09-2008, 08:18 PM
Thank you

This is all still mud and Ofsted are due anytime so they can explain it all

I just want to look after children!

Chimps Childminding
10-09-2008, 09:11 PM
Thank you

This is all still mud and Ofsted are due anytime so they can explain it all

I just want to look after children!

Hear Hear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

sarah707
10-09-2008, 09:21 PM
So does this mean if I only look after 0-5's I dont need any qualifications, but ages after that need level 2 or training in the common core?

0 - 5s - Icp and first aid... older children level 2... not straight away though, think it's 2011...

And what exactly does training in the common core mean?

The only info I've got is the link... sorry.

Looked at the link but confused.

Does this help?