PDA

View Full Version : Self Evaluation Form- yipeeeee

christine e
07-09-2008, 01:31 PM
Recently posted a thread saying I could not access SEF online. Tried again today and yipeeeee managed to get on but strange thing was I only logged in with my Gateway user ID and password was not asked for Ofsted security token and date of birth.

Completed first bit (that's enough for today) need to practice retrieving and saving info anyway.

Cx

Chimps Childminding
07-09-2008, 02:03 PM
Well done for at least making a start - I get mine up on screen - look at it and then it scares me so much I close it back down again!!!!!!!!!!:eek: I only wish I could understand half of what they are asking, then I would know how to answer it!!!!!!!!:laughing:

Keep up the good work! :clapping:

nannysue
07-09-2008, 02:15 PM
I've got the paper version and most of it is baffling me.:o I can explain better vocally than having to write it down.

Sue x

sue m
07-09-2008, 04:25 PM
I'm not even good at doing it vocally Sue, when I have my inspection and she asks me questions, my brain will go to mush and it'll all be gobbldegook! I've written down a couple of times what I think I want to put on the sef but need to get back to it before I'm suddenly told I have to submit it! Wasn't it so much easier in the olden days!? :panic:

LisaH
07-09-2008, 05:01 PM
I only had to put in my gateway details too!!

Havn't filled any of it in yet tho.:laughing:

miffy
07-09-2008, 05:07 PM
Well done Christine - haven't looked at it yet - got them to send me a paper version, not sure if I trust the computer ha ha.

They even sent me a sae to return it in!

Good luck with the rest of it

Miffy xx

sarah707
07-09-2008, 05:15 PM
I'm ready to upload mine and couldn't get on earlier today...

Might have another go.

Well done for getting some of yours done... :D

vix84
08-09-2008, 05:47 PM
How do you get your pin etc.? Have been on maternity leave for 12 weeks and now feel a bit lost and in the dark about everything!
I did recieve a few letters from Ofsted but shoved them in the cupboard, must dig them out! I think that was about the Register though

John
08-09-2008, 06:12 PM
Do you know the SEF is not compulsory, so calm down as if you don't get to finnish it before your inspection you will be able to talk about your setting. If anyone gets the Early Years mag from Sure start look in the new Autumn mag at page 17 and read number 5 about ofsted.

John.

PaulaR
08-09-2008, 07:44 PM
i went to do mine on line and for some reason the font has shrunk and I can't read a thing. Anyone know what to do? Or maybe that could be my exuses when Ofsted turn up ??

sarah707
08-09-2008, 08:17 PM
No idea Paula! I suggest you ring the technical help line :D

chez1373
09-09-2008, 07:08 AM
I still havent got any info on this SEN thingy lol
Ive phoned and they said if it hadnt come back last fri to give them a ring back so i think ill give them a ring at 9am...

Chatterbox Childcare
09-09-2008, 07:21 AM
Mine didn't turn up and Ofsted just sent me another. Now to finish EYFS and start some obs and then I can look at this.

I need a fortnight off to sort all this out!!

Chimps Childminding
11-09-2008, 09:12 PM
Mine didn't turn up and Ofsted just sent me another. Now to finish EYFS and start some obs and then I can look at this.

Only a fortnight? I dont think I will ever get my head round it :panic: :panic:
Everytime I look at it my brain ceases up and I just end up putting stuff in that when I read it back is nothing at all to do with the question :laughing:

ajs
11-09-2008, 09:15 PM

i took a fortnight off and all i managed to do was write one risk assesment

my oft arrived today so i tried to log in but no chance it says i'm not allowed to enter

miffy
11-09-2008, 09:18 PM
i took a fortnight off and all i managed to do was write one risk assesment

That's one more than me :laughing:

Miffy xx

ajs
11-09-2008, 09:20 PM
That's one more than me :laughing:

Miffy xx

at least you've had your insprection
i know as soon as i post the variation letter then that's it they are on my doorstep to inspect me:eek:

miffy
11-09-2008, 09:23 PM
at least you've had your insprection
i know as soon as i post the variation letter then that's it they are on my doorstep to inspect me:eek:

I hope you're wrong - I've sent off for a variation and they've not come back to me yet!

You'll be fine anyway :)

Miffy xx