PDA

View Full Version : the pledge course

lorraines little treasures
05-09-2008, 06:29 PM
has anyone been on the pledge course run by the local authority,i am going on it tommorow as was just wondering what you need to do and what it is all about.

Pauline
06-09-2008, 04:21 PM
has anyone been on the pledge course run by the local authority,i am going on it tommorow as was just wondering what you need to do and what it is all about.

Never heard of it! Do you have to pledge to be a good childminder? ;)

sue m
06-09-2008, 04:25 PM
Hope you don't have to do a lot of polishing!!!!!!! :mad: :panic:

Pauline
06-09-2008, 04:43 PM
Hope you don't have to do a lot of polishing!!!!!!! :mad: :panic:

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

jellytot
10-09-2008, 04:14 PM
lol will you get a duster for going? :laughing: :laughing:

let us know what it is never heard of it

hillbilly
10-09-2008, 04:42 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: LOL

Never heard of it either, so would love to know what its all about!

10-09-2008, 08:44 PM
it was a course on our promise to children to listen,treat with respect, let the children make decisions about what they want in your setting,what children think you could improve in the setting, to celebrate everything they achieve.
i have to do a presentation for next session, on a subject which involves children making a decision.
so i asked the children to draw a big toy box, then asked each child to draw what their favourite toys they likes to play with while at mine, then when it was circle time i would ask each child what they had picked and would they place their picture on the decorated toybox, when each child had their turn , we as a group would talk about what each child had put down, they would plan these toys into our planning for that week, sorry for the long post

you could do different things eg, food, outings

wish tree -where each child placed a photo of their favourite food which was then put into the weekly menu ect.
hope people understand this.

i get 150.00 for attending this course over two sessions.

sue m
10-09-2008, 08:50 PM
Oh now nice Lorraine. I've not heard of that before. And YOU get paid!?????

:thumbsup: :clapping:

angeldelight
11-09-2008, 08:15 AM
Never heard of it

Thought you were asking who was good at dusting or something and that we got a certificate haha

Angel xx

Andrea08
11-09-2008, 09:47 AM
sorry got to ask why do you get £150?
is it to help with resources?
sounds like a good training course, not sure how it will work with children that are younger,?
i have two children under 2yr olds and one 3yr old at pre -school
not sure if they would understand and the one that would like this most is now in full time school!

good luck wid the dusting x

11-09-2008, 12:21 PM
they say you can start asking children from the age of 2,half years. you have to think of different ways to suit the age you look after, passing the teddy bear round the circle when asking each child for example where would they like to go on an outing.and then fitting the place in with your weekly plan, the money is to spend on resources are whatever you want really, it is just that you promose to listen to what the children want from your setting not just planning without their help

hillbilly
12-09-2008, 01:14 PM
sounds really good. I wonder if its something that will be rolled out nationally? Hope it is!

15-11-2008, 12:59 AM
hi, everyone, just a update,i have finished the course and got paid, but while i was on it, they mentioned we might get an inspection from a young person , me joking said to another childminder "knowing me i will get picked" well i have received a letter this morning saying there is a young inspector coming to visit me shortly to see if i have promised to listen to the children in my care.and followed " the pledge ", panicking now as, havent a clue what they are looking for.

devoncm
18-11-2008, 09:32 AM
That was a quick response from them!

Im sure you'll do fine, sounds good what you said you would do, i was thinking about having a suggestion box and they can put ideas in there for the week ahead-thats easy for me at mo as i only have after schoolers

good luck for when they come though.