PDA

View Full Version : Incident policy

shell73
04-09-2008, 08:53 PM
Hi All

I have lost a minded child this week due to incidents occuring with my son where they were always fighting over things sometimes resulting in hurting one another and sometimes one just getting upset(who went and told mum she was injured)
I have decided to introduce an incident policy and am not sure on how to word it or what to do?

I thought of a behavioural record - record anything to do with behaviuor - causing another child to get hurt or to see if there is a pattern of behaviour.
Incident form - to record any injured incidents for the child who injuryed one another
I think i need a non injury form not sure.

I dont want parents to think i am moaner doing all this paperwork, but its very difficult as they are all 2 so at the same age and stage of development.

any advice would be great.
Shelley

Andrea08
04-09-2008, 10:38 PM
well if it is serious i use ncma Accident /incident & medication record book

i think it is section 2 you could use some of the wording from that to record all incidents

sorry to hear about it happening to you but i would try and care for children younger than yours, then they may not feel threatened by the mindees?

our children want us to themselfs sometimes and the children we care for can be quite mean too!

good luck with this let us know what the parents have said kk
xx

Andrea08
04-09-2008, 10:48 PM
oh sorry must be my bed time just re-read your post
hope some1 else spots this and gives better advice,
when i fostered teenagers my own teenager use to feel A BIT LEFT OUT!!
and yes there were arguments and fights but its trying to explain to parents that your children do not just go round hitting others esp for no reason and that it takes 2 for a fight?
again i wish you luck if they put in a formal complaint dont 4get to log everything... every word and times, it will help if Ofsted get involved,

unfortunatly something happened with me its a very very long story but i was accused of training 2yr old to pick on 4yr old how mad was that!!! reduced me to a nervious wreck for days, all because little cow couldnt get her own way all the spoilt time oh gettin cross thinking about it sorry x
some parents dont know their own kids and some kids dont want to be left with a CM they want mum so ACT UP! and some are spoilt rottern coz parents feel guilt 4 leaving them n spend loads of ££££ on them at wkends...

you dont need me telling you about our job, i wish you well xxxx

sarah707
05-09-2008, 06:23 AM
It's a good idea to have an incident policy.

You can talk about the types of behaviour / incidents you intend to record from now on and the way you intend to deal with them.

You could talk about what you consider to be appropriate / inappropriate behaviour and link it to your behaviour management policy.

I am sorry you lost a mindee because of this but you are right to put your family first.