PDA

View Full Version : Contract question

bubbly
04-09-2008, 01:44 PM
Stone the crows, I've had 2 enquiries in the last 2 days! Almost fell off my perch with the shock of it all :D

I couldn't help with the first enquiry as it was for a baby but the second enquiry was for a 2 year old part-time commencing Sept 22nd. I know the parent slightly because she attends the same toddler group. She's coming to see me tomorrow evening.

If we get as far as doing contracts, what do I need to put in the 'Rates inclusive of payment for statutory public holidays?' box on the NCMA contracts? I've never understood this bit. Do I tick 'yes' or 'no'? My info pack states I'm to be paid for all Bank Hols except Xmas and Boxing Day.

Can anyone help? Thanks :)

katickles
04-09-2008, 01:49 PM
I use the same contracts & I tick yes :)

DudleyChildmind
04-09-2008, 02:34 PM
I tick 'yes' as well :)

miffy
04-09-2008, 02:40 PM
I tick "no" because I don't work Bank Holidays and if I did I'd charge a higher rate.

I do charge for Bank Holidays if they fall on a contracted day - I explain this to parents and also add it on the notes box of the contract just so everyone is clear.

I have no idea whether I'm right to tick "no" but that's what I do.

Good luck tomorrow Bubbly

Miffy xx

wendywu
04-09-2008, 03:32 PM
I do the same as Miffy.

It was explained to me this, the NCMA advise you to be paid for bank holidays. If a parent uses different days for example shift work then they would avoid bank holidays. So they advise you to total how much the bank holidays would cost then divide it by the numbers of hours per year the parent used. Then add it to the total per hour. :eek:

THEN you would tick the yes box.:thumbsup:

Chatterbox Childcare
04-09-2008, 05:51 PM
If you tick yes and are available to work you will only be able to charge your normal rate.

I tick no and in the bank holiday rate section I put £20 per hour

bubbly
04-09-2008, 05:59 PM
I think I should do what Miffy does and tick 'no' but explain that if the Bank Hol falls on a contracted day, I get paid my normal fee.

Does that sound ok as I don't want to mislead parents?

bubbly
04-09-2008, 06:03 PM
Oh flipping heck, my other half has read the question on the contract and thinks I should tick 'yes'.

I'm soooooo confused. HELP!

crazybones
04-09-2008, 08:08 PM
Oh flipping heck, my other half has read the question on the contract and thinks I should tick 'yes'.

I'm soooooo confused. HELP!

I think it was Blaze who told me the answer to this one. I had done it wrong but cant remember which way I had done it. Just off to check.

Ok I ticked Yes but should have ticked No.

miffy
04-09-2008, 08:11 PM
I think I should do what Miffy does and tick 'no' but explain that if the Bank Hol falls on a contracted day, I get paid my normal fee.

Does that sound ok as I don't want to mislead parents?

Add the bit about charging bank holidays into the notes box on your contract - that way parent can't say they didn't know/agree

Miffy xx

wendywu
04-09-2008, 08:31 PM
Tick the no box and in the bit where it says charges for bank holidays put full pay. :)

bubbly
04-09-2008, 09:11 PM
Tick the no box and in the bit where it says charges for bank holidays put full pay. :)
Right, at the moment I've decided to go with this ^.....unless anyone convinces me otherwise :laughing:

Chatterbox Childcare
04-09-2008, 09:31 PM
If you tick yes that this rate does include public holidays you are agreeing to work for your normal rate, contracted or not. Do you want to work for £3.50 per hour on a bank holiday?

mum22
05-09-2008, 10:03 AM
If you tick yes that this rate does include public holidays you are agreeing to work for your normal rate, contracted or not. Do you want to work for £3.50 per hour on a bank holiday?

I agree with above:)

berkschick
05-09-2008, 10:06 AM
I tick "no" because I don't work Bank Holidays and if I did I'd charge a higher rate.

I do charge for Bank Holidays if they fall on a contracted day - I explain this to parents and also add it on the notes box of the contract just so everyone is clear.

I have no idea whether I'm right to tick "no" but that's what I do.

Good luck tomorrow Bubbly

Miffy xx

Snap :thumbsup:

wendywu
05-09-2008, 12:01 PM
It means have you added the payment for 8 days bank holidays a year into your hourly rate.

That is what the NCMA told me it means on THEIR contract. So unless you have tick no.:)

bubbly
05-09-2008, 12:51 PM
It means have you added the payment for 8 days bank holidays a year into your hourly rate.
Sure would be easier if they worded it like that on the contracts lol :D

wendywu
05-09-2008, 01:26 PM
Now when has anyone wanted to make life easier for us childminders:panic: