PDA

View Full Version : EMERGENCYS

mandy moo
04-09-2008, 09:28 AM
Sorry All wasnt sure where this post would go,

Just Had a telephone call from mymother in law she has pains in her chest this morning and feeling dizzy, doctor calling her back 11ish!:eek:

I had to take her to A&E over the w/e and she stayed in till monday, hospital let he out a day early was spossed to come out tues after an cardiogram that they didnt do!!

I, as usual am the only one around to take her or go to the hospital, what do I do about mindees? call parents ask them to pick children up or as an emergency take them with me this one time.
Help

Bushpig
04-09-2008, 09:33 AM
I would personally call parents to pick up mindees (and not charge them for the day/time lost not minding) if there is no-one who you can call on to help you (take her to hospital).... but if she is really bad and you are worried, call an ambulance rather! Time is of the essence in cases like these.

sarah707
04-09-2008, 09:36 AM
Call an ambulance... now.

Don't muck about waiting for children's parents to arrive.

I hope she is ok.xx

mandy moo
04-09-2008, 09:40 AM
Thanks all

will tell all later

Andrea08
04-09-2008, 09:41 AM
i agree with sarah

then you can sort out kids and get to your mum

i wish her well xxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tatia
04-09-2008, 12:28 PM
For future reference, do you have back-up childminders? It's comforting to have other minders close-by that can act as emergency cover. Write up a policy about it and let parents know that in event of an emergency, you may leave mindees with other minder. Depending on just how much of an emergency, the back-up might even be the ones to call your parents for you, saving precious time.

jellytot
04-09-2008, 12:37 PM
yes i have a back up minder just in case

luckily never had to put it into practise

maple
04-09-2008, 05:26 PM
I don't have any childminder's living near me so I have my husband as emergency back up but all he could do is call the parents for me.

what do other people do when they haven't got childminder's near them?

Hope your mother-in-law is ok.

Chatterbox Childcare
04-09-2008, 05:33 PM
In a case if emergency such as this you could leave the mindees with anyone you trust. Give them a list of numbers and ask them to call the parents.

Failing this, take them with you but don't delay

Act Now

Hope she is okay

mandy moo
05-09-2008, 08:39 AM
Thanks all for your replys:)
To be brief took mum in law to A&E Saturday as her chest felt tight, fluttering in upper chest, feeling dizzy walking up and down stairs etc.
At hospital heart rate was going mad up and down, and high blood pressure.

It turns out mum in law had pains in her chest 2am wednesday night, but forgot to tell me that in our telephone conversation yesterday morning, panic stations still I think.
Mum in laws doctor arrived as I was calling her to tell her to ring an ambulance.
She called me half hour later to tell me doctor said she was fine!
it was probl'y a panic attack! and to take to parecetamol b4 she goes to bed at night! and to takeit easy for a few days!
and thats it..
I've said to her if this happens again she should ring 999 for an ambulance and while waiting for it, to call me and let me know!
So will now ask around the other childminders at the school run re: emergency care. And will rewrite emergency policy, to include this type! :D

ruby
05-09-2008, 10:35 AM
so glad your mil is fine

I have my friend who is also a childminder but she only does back and forth school so it works out well for us

she holds a list of emergency numbers for my mindees and i have one for hers

cathy