PDA

View Full Version : Help!!

sparky
04-09-2008, 07:25 AM
I have just had an enquiry from a friend as she is not happy with the cm she is using atm. I obv dont want to loose her waiting for my reg & seem to remember that if you care for a family in their own home you are classed as a nanny... is this true, what are the rules i.e. numbers, payment, contracts etc :panic:

Anyone done this before registering to keep on prospective kids?? Any advice greatly appreciated :thumbsup:

Sar x

crazybones
04-09-2008, 07:55 PM
Sorry no advice but didnt want to read and run. I think you can nanny in their home though - not sure how it works for tax and N.I. though.

tulip0803
04-09-2008, 09:52 PM
If you are Nannying in someone elses home normally they employ you and pay your tax and NI etc. As you have only just started reg with CSSIW you could be nannying for some time and I do not know the implications and whether you can be a self-employed nanny or not.

Normally Nannies only care for the children of one family so numbers are not and issue. Sometimes famlies nanny share but I am unsure how this is worked out if the children are cared for at the same time.

Nannys are not as regulated as childminders are at the moment.

I nearly had to do it when I was registering before in England but I was at the end of the registration process and just waiting for the certificate to be issued (cert came on Fri and I started caring for children following Mon) so it would have only been a few days, or a week, not months.

Sorry not much help. Normally people are only thinking about this when they are in the final stages. It would be a shame to loose the family. I was origanally told I by CSSIW I would be registered in March and have lost 5 families now:( . I am finally getting inspected next week :clapping: so shouldn't be too long now.

I hope yours takes no-where near as long as my application has taken

sparky
07-09-2008, 11:48 AM
Well, the good news is that she is willing to wait for me!! ..... I am sooooo pleased. :cheerleader: :so happy:

Now I just have to wait for my registration now - lets hope it doesnt take too long :rolleyes: *fingers tightly crossed*

angeldelight
08-09-2008, 07:52 AM
Thats great news

Hope you get registered soon

Angel xx