PDA

View Full Version : Advertising Ideas?

katickles
11-01-2008, 04:49 PM
Hi - I'm very new to childminding, in fact i'm just starting out. Could anybody give me any ideas on advertising. I have done the obvious ones, but really need to fill my spaces.

Thanks x

angeldelight
11-01-2008, 04:52 PM
Hello and welcome

Will you say hello in the hello section of the forum and introduce yourself so everyone knows who they are speaking too - thank you

If you look around the forum you will see lot of ideas and advice for advertising

If you can not find what you are looking for give us a shout and we will help all we can

Hope to speak soon

Angel xx

Chell
11-01-2008, 08:38 PM
I have a sign on the back window of my car to advertise my website, it attracts a lot of attention from passers by. I had the lettering fitted but you can buy stickers on ebay and fit them yourself.

I believe there are companies that print sunshades for your car that you can use as adverts too.

www.vistaprint.co.uk do free business card offers, you pay only the postage.

jo f
11-01-2008, 08:51 PM
Do an eye catching card, with your details and ask local newsagents, shops, hairdressers, baby clinics/ doctors, soft play centres, churches, to put them up. Some will charge a small fee.

I have a t-shirt printed with a logo, name reg. childminder on which I wear to toddler groups etc.

Are you on Childcare Information website? Also Yellow pages and Thomson do a free listing (basic) for childminders- be aware they will try and get you to buy a bigger advert.

You could do a leaflet drop, have a notice in your window or an A board type sign in your garden.

sarah707
12-01-2008, 08:58 AM
Some great ideas there!

Always remember CIS though... update your details every week and keep ringing them until you are 100% happy with what they've put for you... it's like your shop front and lots of potential customers use it...

Good luck! :D

nat1664
12-01-2008, 09:27 AM
I have posted adds on Gumtree and Netmums is a good one too.

Nat

x

katickles
12-01-2008, 04:38 PM
Oh thanks guys for your advertising ideas. I like the idea of having letters fitted properly in my car as I only have an A4 poster in at the moment. Will maybe look into doing it that way as it will be much more eye-catching. Will also look at the free business cards as the quotes i've had locally are quite expensive. Thanks again for your ideas! x:laughing: