PDA

View Full Version : child protection policies

PaulaR
03-09-2008, 12:41 PM
I have done a lot of my polcies but am struggling with child protection policies and child protection contact numbers. I can't find anything on the Bromely site, the safeguarding policy doesn't suit me as I haven't done the course that's quoted. Can anyone help, please. I really would like to finish the policies and file them away.

Dragonfly
03-09-2008, 12:44 PM
want to update mine im stuck toooooo:rolleyes:

Chatterbox Childcare
03-09-2008, 12:45 PM
Make sure anything you now print is Safeguarding Children as Child Protection is old hat

If you look at the Early Years Framework that came with your EYFS pack there is a lot of details there with stipulated information required.

Pauline
03-09-2008, 03:30 PM
For phone numbers and contact details try typing your area and 'safeguarding children board' into Google. It should bring up your local details :)

For your policy you need to write what you would have to do if you suspected a child was being abused, you can get that information of what you MUST do from the booklet 'what to do if you suspect a child is being abused' - you should have been given a copy. You don't have to have done the course.

Write that you would have to follow the procedures set out by your local safguarding children board and this would include contacting the area social care dept. etc. and that you would also have to notify Ofsted.

:)

PaulaR
04-09-2008, 07:35 AM
thank you very much for the help. Its mad it much clearer