PDA

View Full Version : Policies - taking forever

Chatterbox Childcare
02-09-2008, 10:43 PM
I have sat here for 2 nights now and I expect I will be here until morning finishing my policies.

I have been writing policies for 3 years and thought that I had everything covered. How daft am I? I went through the Statutory Framework and now have 26 policies with 2 more to write and 6 old ones to change to cover the Statutory Guidance.

Will this ever end?

Tired but must finish and looks like I will be cooking breakfast before sleeping!

Annie_T
02-09-2008, 11:51 PM
aww bless ya hun, i got go through mine too reosrt them etc, lucky i not reg yet tho i guess x

Chatterbox Childcare
03-09-2008, 01:48 AM
It's 2.50am and I have given up - only 3 to go and then risk assessments to finish.

Mum collecting contract at 7am so had better to do that

miffy
03-09-2008, 05:58 AM
Hope you finally got to sleep Debbie

Miffy xx

Nicki L
03-09-2008, 06:00 AM
I have sat here for 2 nights now and I expect I will be here until morning finishing my policies.

I have been writing policies for 3 years and thought that I had everything covered. How daft am I? I went through the Statutory Framework and now have 26 policies with 2 more to write and 6 old ones to change to cover the Statutory Guidance.

Will this ever end?

Tired but must finish and looks like I will be cooking breakfast before sleeping!

26 - i dont have nowehere near that many - hope i aint missing some important ones!!!!

Chatterbox Childcare
03-09-2008, 07:26 AM
I am on a Network and they have been actively promoting policies for a number of years and then when I went through the Framework I found more; premises, documentation, adminissions etc... More than I thought anyway

That will teach me to leave it to the last minute!

Tatia
03-09-2008, 09:16 AM
You've inspired me to count mine and I have like 55!!!:eek: I have Bromley to thank for that!:rolleyes:

Debbie, I used the Bromley policies and just tweaked them to cover my setting. Still took me a long time to read through them all, cross-reference with EYFS to make statutory changes and then add the bits and pieces pertinent to my own setting. Have you seen the site? Might help save you some time. Or it could make more work in the long run if you see policies you hadn't thought of!:laughing:

www.bromleycma.org.uk

Now they're all written, I just need to arrange mine into a book form to save paper.

sue m
03-09-2008, 09:30 AM
I'm so glad you said you have 55 Tatia - cos I have 46 and I thought I've over done it!!!! I too have the Bromley Site to thank! :D

Tatia
03-09-2008, 09:33 AM
To thank or to curse?:laughing:

wellybelly
03-09-2008, 11:21 AM
I have 63 - sad arn't I! But i do think they all relate to my setting.

Chatterbox Childcare
03-09-2008, 01:03 PM
You've inspired me to count mine and I have like 55!!!:eek: I have Bromley to thank for that!:rolleyes:

Debbie, I used the Bromley policies and just tweaked them to cover my setting. Still took me a long time to read through them all, cross-reference with EYFS to make statutory changes and then add the bits and pieces pertinent to my own setting. Have you seen the site? Might help save you some time. Or it could make more work in the long run if you see policies you hadn't thought of!:laughing:

www.bromleycma.org.uk

Now they're all written, I just need to arrange mine into a book form to save paper.

Thanks for the link but I think there are a lot on there that are not relevant. I too went through the framework and pulled out what I thought they wanted.

By the time I have rewritten everything in my own way it will be the next millenium!

sue m
03-09-2008, 02:32 PM
I did the same Debbie, I've looked at them all so many times and been about to print yet another one off and then thought, no, I don't need anymore!!!!! I don't think. :panic: