PDA

View Full Version : fee's in school hols?

miss sunshine
02-09-2008, 09:16 AM
hi everyone i'm new on here

i have just taken on a 2 new mindees whose mum is a mature student she has said she only needs me in term time as she gets the hols off and that she will get childcare paid through university by vouchers she said they will not pay for the childcare during the hols so will not be able to pay and wants term contract only but needs me to keep space open for her children can anyone please let me know if this is right or is mom just trying to save some money?

barbarella68
02-09-2008, 09:19 AM
If she wants you to keep place open then she must pay a retainer which is usually half the fee you charge her normally,if she doesn't agree with this then she must try and find someone who will do this but she will find it hard to do this as nearly all childminders charge retainer.Hope this helps:)

Minstrel
02-09-2008, 09:20 AM
I would probably charge a little more for the term time to cover not getting paid in hol.

Could she not pay you a deposit to cover the place over the hols and make sure she comes back? Then you could still have a holidays only mindee and she would lose her deposit if she didnt dome back?