PDA

View Full Version : I HATE WAITING!!!!!!!!!!!

littlestar
11-01-2008, 01:53 PM
hello everyone im getting very dis hearted about the whole childminding set up unfortunatly i have been trying to get reg since aug ive passed my icp done all the paperwork got all my policys wrote up and have my advitising all ready to go all im waiting for is my certificate ive had my inspection all went well they said im only waiting on my crb's mine and my partners its been 8 weeks for them now ive phoned them and they said there still being checked i hate waiting could really do with getting on with it ive worked so hard and with a new born baby too its been hard but some people unfortunetly only got into childminding because thy want to be at home with there children i actually love the idea its my choosen job and i love kids so much cant think of a more enjoyable job but im starting to feel down about it now just hope it comes through soon :(

sarah707
11-01-2008, 01:57 PM
It's an awful time between everything nearly ready and getting going... I really feel for you! Especially when it's the CRB holding things up and you know you've not done anything wrong!

Keep positive though..

:idea: Did you know, if you've got a child waiting in the wings, you could ring Ofsted and ask them to chase CRB ... :p Now, that phone call you had the other day... did it sound promising? :p

Polly2
11-01-2008, 01:58 PM
Don't give up hun!!

It seem to be the crb that holds everyone up. You could still put the word around that you are nearly registered - there might be parents out there that don't want someone immediately.

Hope it comes through soon

x

ajs
11-01-2008, 01:59 PM
you're right it is very enjoyable but don't for one minute think it's going to be easy

things do take time at the beginning but you will get registered soon and then the calls will come in and you will be rushed off your feet longing for the time you could sit on the forum all day

it seemed to be quicker years ago i don't remember the long wait or the massive amounts of paperwork you have to do now it will all be worth it in the end though be patient

littlestar
11-01-2008, 02:02 PM
thank you guys the phone call was me phoning the crb to chase things up and they said mine was in the last stages but my partners was only just going so frustrating i no i can advertise now but its hard when you cant give anyone a date there work dates are important to and dont want to give anyone false hope also what if you get someone lined up and then when you start they have gone elsewhere?

deeb66
12-01-2008, 04:33 PM
You are at what I call the difficult in-between stage whereby you have done everything you can and have to wait for everyone else to get on with what needs to be done.

I am sure it will pass quickly and before long you will be registered and have loads of kids and be really busy.

chez1373
15-01-2008, 01:03 AM
Dont give up sweetie,

I had to wait 9months between starting the whole process and getting my certificate!
I was waiting for my Army check it took forever!!!
You will get it soon keep doing other things as i thought i had everything in place but i now know after finding this forum there are things i still need to do
good luck

angeldelight
15-01-2008, 09:07 AM
Hope you do not wait long Marlene

Good luck

Angel xx

berkschick
15-01-2008, 09:13 AM
I really feel for you having just been where you are now. And then when you have everything in place you end up waiting for the phone to ring with mindees!

Use this time to advertise as much as you can wherever you can. I have had a call about taking a child in June so people do look way ahead of time. Just make it clear that you are not quite registered yet. I did this and had 2 mindees lined up before I was registered. Well, I had 3 actually but lost one to another minder as the parents couldnt wait any longer.

With regard the CRB, dont panic about your husbands just yet. My husbands came back within 2 weeks but mine got returned to OFSTED over some confussion with my surname. I married someone with the same surname, no we are not related! Lol its not that common a surname either! Anyway, that confussed things so mine had to be started all over again but was back 3 weeks after my husbands.

Chin up, we will get there together!

Love

Debbie

littlestar
15-01-2008, 10:06 AM
thank you debbie ill just keep preparing and doing some advertising :clapping: