PDA

View Full Version : Briefing session - advice for Welsh member

newbie30
01-09-2008, 09:17 PM
Hi all,

I've posted a while back but haven't been on in a while so hello everyone :D

I'm just filling in the form to attend the meeting and reading the leaflets they've sent with it. On them it says that along with the usual CRB/Police checks and wanting to see ownership/lease of your property, they will need details of your financial stability.

Does this mean I will have to dust down my old bank statements lol or will they do a credit check like when you apply for a credit card?

Sorry if the answers obvious.

Wendy

Annie_T
01-09-2008, 11:04 PM
not heard of this before, but you are wales so maybe it different there.

i have no clue hun sorry, but i would imagine your bank statements is what they are after x

Chatterbox Childcare
02-09-2008, 05:43 AM
What has your finanacial stability got to do with childminding.

personally I would ring whoever sent you the details and challenge it.

Nothing to do with anyone else

sarah707
02-09-2008, 06:43 AM
It is different in Wales - hopefully one of our Welsh members will be along soon :D

I''ve changed the title so hopefully they see it!

sparky
02-09-2008, 07:21 AM
Hiya! I am in Pembrokeshire & just recently completed my ICP etc.

I have not heard of this and was not asked to prove my financial stability because *** has it got to do with them?? Absolutely shocking!!! :eek:

I know things are different in each county, but I would say either call your development worker or CSSIW direct & find out if it is true and why...I would be extremely reluctant to hand over any of my financial information..

newbie30
02-09-2008, 09:04 AM
Hi thanks everyone for replying.
Glad I asked now because I thought it was standard procedure. I got a few pages of literature from the regional CSIW office called the Introductory Notes For Applicants Wishing to Register as a Childminder. Under the heading How Do we set about deciding if you are suitable person? it has the following: We will need to check you are in a financially stable position to commence childminding.
Thinking about it now it is a bit weird actually. I understand why they want to do all the other checks of background, previous employment, seeing if someone has had any significant problems bringing up your own children etc.

Very strange. Has anyone else here had the same literature from the Caernarfon CSIW? Sorry for all the questions but I'm glad I've asked it now :D

Thanks

Wendy

Polly2
02-09-2008, 09:10 AM
I am in s wales and was never asked this!

diana
02-09-2008, 02:00 PM
Hi, I am in North Wales and have done my ICP course and had my pre inspection, I was never asked for any details about my finances.

When I did the course it was all free and now I have heard they will be charging, so maybe it is to see if you can afford the course.

Just thinking out loud can't understand any other reason.

The CSSIW office in Caernarfon is very helpful so give them a ring.

ruby
02-09-2008, 04:45 PM
have to admit i am from s wales and have never heard of this either

I would do as Diana says and give caernarfon CSSIW a ring

cathy

manjay
02-09-2008, 06:38 PM
I have just checked my literature and it does say that in mine. CSSIW in no way checked my financial affairs and if they had I would have told them to bog off:laughing:

What you will have to do when you complete Part 2 of your application is explain for Standard 15 how you will keep sound financial procedures.

Hth xx

tulip0803
02-09-2008, 10:54 PM
It is an old thing that they have stopped doing now. The inspectors explained that it was no longer needed when I had my breifing session. They just still use old paperwork for some reason. Bit like the CRB form that you have not had to fill half the sections in for years:D .