PDA

View Full Version : Garden

FizzysFriends
01-09-2008, 05:21 PM
Im just planning my garden as I want to get it done over the next couple of weeks.

The back section will have a picket fence (1 mtr high) and gate, so that the grass doesn't get killed and to keep the dog out.

I wanted to put down rubber safety tiles on the floor of the back section but money is tight at the moment so am thinking about play grade bark. Is this ok to have? Have any of you got a better idea?

Annie_T
01-09-2008, 05:23 PM
play bark is fine hun, i have drive/bk garden and inspector was ok with it just said i got give extra supervision when playing outside ..ie no running, or toys that could cause falling onto it to hard :eek:

picket fence i cant see prob with either.

sarah707
01-09-2008, 05:44 PM
I have bark... I replace it in the spring as it goes a bit mushy over winter :D

yvonne
01-09-2008, 06:37 PM
I didnt think you could use play bark how do you know if a cat has been in and done a poo in it. Tell me if im stupid ? im just thinking about normal bark, io wouldnt have that in a garden, just incase i came across something i dont want too :eek: :eek:

crazybones
01-09-2008, 06:40 PM
I have to check my bark every day for cat poo. But if a cat wants to poo in your garden it will poo in soil also. A cat round here has taken to pooping under the little tykes cube slide on the grass :angry:

FizzysFriends
01-09-2008, 07:29 PM
Thanks, bark it is. It will be checked for poop but cats dont come anywhere near our garden, nor do birds come to think of it. I think they realise that dog will have them if they do.

Right off to order the stuff now.

yvonne
02-09-2008, 09:18 AM
:laughing: good for your dog. My cat is weird he does'nt like dirt, mind you we have feilds at the back of our house so i think he goes there, he wont even use his litter tray, unless he really needs to ie if im out. Told you WEIRD or he likes to be clean all the time :laughing:

FizzysFriends
05-09-2008, 12:33 PM
Another question, is it ok to have a veg bed that isn't fenced off. It will be organic so there is no worries of nasty things on it.

mummyroysof3
05-09-2008, 12:38 PM
i would think bo, as long as you risk assess it:D

at this rate ill be risk assessing blinking

charlotte x