PDA

View Full Version : Fire drill

Pisces123
01-09-2008, 12:58 PM
Can anyone give me some ideas about my fire procedure.
I used to have three 4 year olds so fire evacuation etc was easy to implement because the children all played the fire game and evacuation was quick and easy and everyone know what happens if.......
However I now have two babies so learning a fire drill is no good. I have a policy that the parents see that explains " In the event of a fire" but what good is that to the babies. What is it that OFSTED want to see.
Any ideas gratefully received.

Pisces123

Chatterbox Childcare
01-09-2008, 01:06 PM
Just put into writing what you would do if there was a fire and how you would evacuate the babies

Bushpig
01-09-2008, 01:11 PM
Just put into writing what you would do if there was a fire and how you would evacuate the babies

Exactly this. Also have a layout of your home with emergency exits.

kellsni
01-09-2008, 02:25 PM
You could still do the drill with the babies just to get them used to the alarm so the don't get scared of it.

Annie_T
01-09-2008, 02:31 PM
as above, i would still practise the fire drill so the babies can get use to it x

Tatia
01-09-2008, 02:31 PM
And it's not just for the kids but for you, as well. I'd still do the fire drill so YOU can practice what to do, particularly because you have 2 babies. How are you going to get them out of the house together and make sure you've got the bits you need to take with you (phone, bag, whatever).