PDA

View Full Version : Help - totally disorganised

Doddy01
31-08-2008, 04:22 PM
Hi all - sorry I havent been on here to contribute a great deal had a rough few months!
My main reason for this post is exactly like it sounds - I have today tried to do my books. I was going to be very efficient and do them monthly but somehow the time has flown by and I am now stuck with doing them from last August!
I have the NCMA accounts book and have tried to do them on this but have ended up 4 hours later having only completed two months worth - keep remembering bits n bobs that I forget to add on. I have kept a majority of my receipts for items bought so this isnt the problem. My main thing is not knowing how to actually organise myself to make life easier. Can anyone give me some ideas about how they actually do their accounts and what to include ie: weekly, monthly etc. I know there is a link on here for all the items to add in but I am basically getting myself in a right state - want something easy whether it be a computer programme or a hand made accounts option - can anyone recommend anything! Sorry for babbling on but my stomach is wound up so tight at the moment I am really dreading opening my accounts book again. Any help would be much appreciated. Many thanks :)

Chatterbox Childcare
31-08-2008, 05:45 PM
I think everyone who looks at this thread with sympathise.

I have a diary that I put everything in to on a daily basis - children attended, not attended but should have, where I have been, what I have spent, mileage and all the receipts no matter how small.

This way when you go back and do your accounts it is all there and then you can throw away the receipts. It does take me an hour a month if I do it all at once.

Don't forget your other expenses such as water, rates, telephone, car etc...

sarah707
31-08-2008, 06:22 PM
I put all receipts in an envelope with the month written on the front...

I go through them, plus Visa and bank statements every month when I'm doing the bills.

I tend to do the household bills when they come in :D

crazybones
31-08-2008, 06:29 PM
I often fall behind and it is horrible. I have just spent this afternoon calculating how much the childminding stuff I bought in Spain translates to in sterling and obviously have no receipts because I bought them off the market stalls. :rolleyes:

Pedagog
01-09-2008, 09:51 AM
I have just spent the morning trying to catch up on the accounts for a youth group I am involved with and I hate it.

venus89
01-09-2008, 04:33 PM
I do mine religiously every weekend - it's the only way i can cope!

angeldelight
01-09-2008, 04:35 PM
I do mine every week I have to otherwise I would just get behind

Angel xx

sue m
01-09-2008, 05:06 PM
My lovely buddy's husband is a book keeper and I pay him to do them every 3 months. Or I will do, I've not been working for 3 months yet. :thumbsup: No way on earth could I do it, I don't DO maths!!!

angeldelight
01-09-2008, 05:08 PM
My lovely buddy's husband is a book keeper and I pay him to do them every 3 months. Or I will do, I've not been working for 3 months yet. :thumbsup: No way on earth could I do it, I don't DO maths!!!

I dont do maths either Sue

Thats why I make sure I do it weekly I would never be able to add up more than that haha

xx

mum22
01-09-2008, 07:36 PM
I do mine weekly now as I got so far behind, now i sit down with my ncma book and envelope of receipts and is quick now.